PDA

View Full Version : Last kick at the can...

Westcoastgunner
11-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Well gentlemen and ladies, I've envied all your guys success this season. Been out on 4-5 weekend trips this year to come up empty handed or watch others score. I haven't given up yet, it may be my first year but I'm young and stubborn full of piss n vinegar refusing to go home empty handed. Nov 21-23 I have a possibility of getting out for a long day hunt or possibly a two day'r. Never hunted nov before, always liked the idea of Helmer or Surrey Lake would that be a waste of my time this part of the year. Any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks

quadrakid
11-14-2013, 07:46 PM
November is THE month for hunting deer. Give it another shot. Your chances of getting a buck nov21-23 are probably better than any of your sept or oct hunts.

Big Lew
11-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Even with all the very heavy hunting pressure throughout that area there are still animals being seen and taken as of yesterday that I personally know of. If you're going into that type of terrain, make sure you have a good, well-tired vehicle (strongly suggest carrying chains even for 4x4's) and at least basic recovery equipment. Don't be afraid to walk into the far side of slashes not accessed by roads as well as the smaller cut blocks beyond that. Probably 80% of the hunters in that area are either road hunters, or aren't walking very far away from the roads.