PDA

View Full Version : Heading out tomorrow ISO Wihtey's.... Tunkwa or Shuswap?

Rich_D
11-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Going out tomorrow still looking for my first WT buck (won't pass up a nice Mule either) . Not sure whether to head out Shuswap way or up to Tunkwa.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Grousedaddy
11-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Id say tunkwa

lovemywinchester
11-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Id say tunkwa

I'd say Shuswap.

Big Lew
11-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Have you ever had to wait in the long lineups to cross the Border? That's almost what it's like on some of the roads around the Tunkwa area.

Rich_D
11-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Have you ever had to wait in the long lineups to cross the Border? That's almost what it's like on some of the roads around the Tunkwa area.
Hoping most of those guys are working tomorrow. I have no problem loading up my portable blind and blind heater onto the quad and heading off to where the traffic won't reach.

shelg
11-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Banshee lake area has been good.

Rich_D
11-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Banshee lake area has been good.
Got my first ever WT doe on the property directly across LBC Road from Banshee. Looking at Google Earth I can't figure out how to get into that area. Off LBC or in from Squilax?

Bushy
11-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Hoping most of those guys are working tomorrow. I have no problem loading up my portable blind and blind heater onto the quad and heading off to where the traffic won't reach.

Good plan sitting! Mid level is like hiking a corn flake factory, better up higher.

Be snowing with about 5cm tomorrow, we know what that means!

r106
11-14-2013, 10:42 PM

I heard there putting up a traffic light on a 3 min timer to space out the road hunters on the 4100rd. lol

Sofa King
11-14-2013, 10:46 PM
I heard there putting up a traffic light on a 3 min timer to space out the road hunters on the 4100rd. lol

that's freaking hilarious.
and spot on.

Sofa King
11-14-2013, 10:48 PM
Going out tomorrow still looking for my first WT buck (won't pass up a nice Mule either) . Not sure whether to head out Shuswap way or up to Tunkwa.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

have you got your moose already?
last day tomorrow.
i'd be going somewhere where you might have a chance at both.

shelg
11-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Got my first ever WT doe on the property directly across LBC Road from Banshee. Looking at Google Earth I can't figure out how to get into that area. Off LBC or in from Squilax?
i head in from Squilax and turn left and head towards Adams Lake and left again on LBC road. Turn left at the power lines and there is some fresh cuts there. Hang out at 4km around banshee lake.

Rich_D
11-14-2013, 10:58 PM
have you got your moose already?
last day tomorrow.
i'd be going somewhere where you might have a chance at both.

Got moose on Oct 21 Reg 6.

Dying to find a decent WT Buck, don't need a monster.....a nice 3 or 4 pt would do. Have only ever seen 1 WT buck (a small 2pt) with my own eyes. Even if I don't get a chance to put one on the ground I would at least like a good look at one.

Rich_D
11-14-2013, 11:00 PM
i head in from Squilax and turn left and head towards Adams Lake and left again on LBC road. Turn left at the power lines and there is some fresh cuts there. Hang out at 4km around banshee lake.

Thanks shelg.

Sofa King
11-14-2013, 11:13 PM
have you ever hunted the area above anglemont?
some gorgeous area up there.

Rich_D
11-14-2013, 11:27 PM
have you ever hunted the area above anglemont?
some gorgeous area up there.
No have not hunted there. I usually stick to the areas West and South of town for the most part since I live in the Dufferin area it saves a bit of travel time when trying to beat the light in the am.

Will put it on my to do list though. Thanks

Sofa King
11-14-2013, 11:54 PM
No have not hunted there. I usually stick to the areas West and South of town for the most part since I live in the Dufferin area it saves a bit of travel time when trying to beat the light in the am.

Will put it on my to do list though. Thanks

I noticed it while out fishing on the shuswap.
there's a huge plateau that's almost alpine-looking.
it's really intrigued me, and looks very deery.

Rich_D
11-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Am up Banshee Lake area. No deer sighted as of yet but there are lots of tracks. Managed to put something up 10 minutes after leaving the truck but didn't even get a chance to see what it was.

I did however manage to connect with this little girl a few minutes ago.
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj311/CyaN1de_01/IMG_20131115_111453.jpg

RINO
11-15-2013, 01:06 PM

Yea.. But it a great place to see the latest Fashion in Hunting Gear...

139grainsofhell
11-15-2013, 01:13 PM

No such thing at tunkwa #1 hunting destination for the coast, I'd go Shuswap

swampdonkey
11-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Yup it's true . Some real nice trucks and quads driving the roads as well