PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to?

killman
11-13-2013, 11:11 PM
The guy who shot the Grizzly with his handgun while being attacked? Any charges?

killman
11-14-2013, 10:02 AM
http://www.dailyheraldtribune.com/2013/01/16/get-your-tickets-now

This guy.

lilhoss
11-14-2013, 10:34 AM
The guy who shot the Grizzly with his handgun while being attacked? Any charges?

Charges?... Such as?

drum_boy101
11-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Some info on this forum (he actually posted a few comments): http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=177360

Sounds like no charges, but the firearm was confiscated.

BRvalley
11-14-2013, 01:52 PM
Charges?... Such as?

illegal carry of a handgun?....even if he had an ATC, that doesn't authorize carry while hunting, as far as my understanding when I inquired into it...my old surveyor neighbor has an ATC but he tells me he can't legally carry while hunting, only while he is working

the police decided not to press charges, and although it wasn't before a judge, I'm wondering if that sets somewhat of a precedent to carry a handgun while hunting....

killman
11-14-2013, 08:16 PM
illegal carry of a handgun?....even if he had an ATC, that doesn't authorize carry while hunting, as far as my understanding when I inquired into it...my old surveyor neighbor has an ATC but he tells me he can't legally carry while hunting, only while he is working

the police decided not to press charges, and although it wasn't before a judge, I'm wondering if that sets somewhat of a precedent to carry a handgun while hunting....

Exactly....

Spy
11-14-2013, 09:52 PM

Or maybe they did not press charges because loosing would also set a president. ;-).

HIGHRPM
11-15-2013, 08:37 AM
In all fairness, I totally feel that a person should be allowed to carry for personal protection. There will come a time when a rifle might not give you enough time to react properly. I do not understand, who the hell suggested and wrote into law that it was a bad thing to carry a pistol in the bush ! And for another fact that a half inch shorter barrel makes the pistol more dangerous , give me a break. A great deal of the US can hunt with pistols and we can't even carry ? Bullshit. It's a big difference when you hunt in the prairies and hunt in these mountains. Here you are in harms way from cats, wolfs, and bear, while in the prairies when hunting season comes around for deer, the bruins are sleeping. Can you imagine the poor slob who is out during bow seaon and he/she gets charged by a griz or surrounded by a pack of wolfs ! Thats exactly the situation when you should have the right to carry. My opinion and I will die with it ! Some of our common sense laws make no sense at all, especialy when our well being is concerned !

RB2
11-16-2013, 03:56 AM
Does not right to protect thyself not supperseed the other issue