PDA

View Full Version : Creston Elk 4-06C, Dec 1-30 Info

doubled
11-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Hey guys, a buddy has asked me to join him on this hunt and I definitely will. Does anybody have contacts for farmers in the area?

I have searched a bit here and some have mentioned the Cattleman's Association. I have also sent a few PMs to members that had info for previous requests.

Is there any snow there yet? We are planning on going there Dec 17th.

I have studied orthos and the maps of this area and have a couple of spots in mind but would love to hear some local info.

Thanks for any help guys - I plan to film this one so hopefully you all get to see it unfold.

DD

doubled
12-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Thanks for all the PMs. It is truly appreciated.

Can anybody tell me the conditions there now? Temps, snow levels, road conditions?

Thanks,
Derek

doubled
12-16-2013, 01:54 PM
We are leaving tomorrow. Thanks.

jtred
12-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Today was warm and sunny with much of the snow in the valley disappearing. In all likelihood the mountain roads will be very slippery so chains would be a good idea. It is supposed to cool down by Friday/Saturday. Best of luck.

Marlin375
12-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Chains are not just a good idea....they are a must. They all-but canceled this draw for Jan 2014, your buddy must be one of the lucky ones......they left one authorization so the draw would run.