PDA

View Full Version : Where Are My Treestands!!

hotload
11-12-2013, 09:47 PM
My favorite honeyhole for Whitey's,I've shot and arrowed many Whitey's from this place. I have had it all to myself for 10 years. Started in to check the 2 stands I have in the same tree, one for sitting and one for videoing, and there they were, a set of human tracks in the snow, how could this be, nobody ever comes in here. Well this guy can wander but no way he is going to find my stands. I followed the tracks and about 300 yards in the thick bush they start heading right toward my stands. I'm thinking noooooo way, I have many metal steps,swivel gun/bow holder, numerous metal hooks,2 good metal hanging treestands and all these are gone. I'm moving slowly toward my stands thinking this good for nothing has taken all my stuff. I'm walking getting madder and madder with every step as I follow the tracks right to my stands. I look up and now I'm befuddled. I have nobody to get mad at or scream at, there they are untouched. There was snow on the rungs and I could tell this guy didn't even climb up to take a thing or even take in the magnificent view 25ft. in the air. At best his tracks told me he stood in front of it and looked up and admired it. What the hell is this world coming to. They say Karma is a bitch, but in this case I hope he gets good Karma, like maybe he'll get a nice Whitey, but hopefully not from my honeyhole. If your on this site, thanks for not ripping me off and allowing me to maintain the faith that there is still nice honest hunters out there, or maybe he is afraid of heights, nahhhh, he was a good guy, I want to think that.............................................. ...

Sofa King
11-12-2013, 09:53 PM
I've climbed up into stands I've come across before to have a look from their pov.
never messed with one though, and learned that others are hunting that particular area and maybe i'd hunt elsewhere and not be sneaking through that area.

WKCotts
11-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Haha you had my blood boiling! Good to hear some good stories. I've come across many trail cams and tree stands. Never touched em

Sofa King
11-12-2013, 10:15 PM
look close, maybe he drove some copper spikes into the tree. haha.

browningboy
11-12-2013, 10:16 PM
make sure you put some playboys and hunting mags in your tree stands, it's the right thing to do!

Hellfish Hunter
11-12-2013, 10:20 PM
I wish I could say the same thing, I was in Rock Creek and we had some truck trouble 2 other guys loaded up with me and another friend, so I moved my gear to the box of the truck, the other guys had gear so I didn't shut the tail gate, we started up the mountain I looked back after a couple of km and noticed the back was still open! Shit! So we turn around i checked the back and noticed that 1 bin and my cleaning kit was missing. We head down the mountain in a hurry as we had just passed another truck, we found the bin, but all the way back to the bottom of the hill, nothing, so the guy we passed picked it up and took it home.$&@,

So you are very lucky as this guy did not think twice about taking my stuff!

leave a note in the blind thanking whomever is in your blind that you would like to thank him I advance for not destroying or stealing all your stuff.

cheers

aggiehunter
11-12-2013, 10:35 PM
I had a spot where I used to sit and one year was hiking in my stand and lo and behold theres a guy sitting up about twice as high as I do in the same tree. I waved and backouted. The bowhunting fraternity is not that big and it wasn't long before I found out who it was. Even though I live 6 hours from this location we now discuss the tree and if he's not sitting in it one year he lets me know. So the brotherhood is stronger than we all might think.

Brian011
11-13-2013, 05:46 AM
I like finding stands, it means I must have found a good spot lol, I always climb up and have a look at the view and see what it's like. I would probably never use one Ijust cause I'd rather be on the ground. I have built one too and if anyone found it i hope they would use it and woul wish them luck.

Stone Sheep Steve
11-13-2013, 09:19 AM
I wonder if it was the same hunter who walked by by tcam on the 10th and didn't steal the cam or take the memory card??
WTH??!!!

SSS

GoatGuy
11-13-2013, 03:05 PM
I wonder if it was the same hunter who walked by by tcam on the 10th and didn't steal the cam or take the memory card??
WTH??!!!

SSS

Don't get too carried away - someone has been checking and deleting cards on one of ours. He hasn't spotted the other cams in the area. Next time he'll be a star on HBC with a detailed map of all the current rubs/scrapes and blinds.

Makes it real easy.

pete_k
11-13-2013, 04:08 PM
I wish I could say the same thing, I was in Rock Creek and we had some truck trouble 2 other guys loaded up with me and another friend, so I moved my gear to the box of the truck, the other guys had gear so I didn't shut the tail gate, we started up the mountain I looked back after a couple of km and noticed the back was still open! Shit! So we turn around i checked the back and noticed that 1 bin and my cleaning kit was missing. We head down the mountain in a hurry as we had just passed another truck, we found the bin, but all the way back to the bottom of the hill, nothing, so the guy we passed picked it up and took it home.$&@,
cheers

Loosing stuff as a result of your own volition does not sting nearly as much as having it stolen.
You lost it fair and square and can't pin the loss on someone who found it.

BigfishCanada
11-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Hey Hotload, ill be near the stand on Friday, I don't want the stand, I want a nice whitie for the freezer. Ill leave you the granddad and take the 2 point running around :)