PDA

View Full Version : Darlington Creek fsr 3-28 mules and moose up from Darfield west off the Yellowhead 5

Jelvis
11-12-2013, 07:35 PM
----deleted--------

dana
11-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Jelly,
You need to actually get out and see areas for yourself. Darlington is just a shadow of what it used to be. 5+ years of the wolf invasion has left the valley very hard to hunt. If you don't believe this, pick up the Fall issue of BC Outdoors. Areas do change over the years. The North Thompson is not a hunting destination. I personally have only seen 4 muley bucks since the hunting season began. Have yet to see a 4 point or bigger. And in over 2 months of working and hunting in what historically was top notch moose country in various areas of the NT, I finally saw my first moose of the season today. So, maybe you should stop, look, and listen to your own advice as I would hate to see some people give up their holidays and travel here to be sadly discouraged by what they find all because someone lied to them on the internet.

Steve W
11-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Jelly,
You need to actually get out and see areas for yourself. Darlington is just a shadow of what it used to be. 5+ years of the wolf invasion has left the valley very hard to hunt. If you don't believe this, pick up the Fall issue of BC Outdoors. Areas do change over the years. The North Thompson is not a hunting destination. I personally have only seen 4 muley bucks since the hunting season began. Have yet to see a 4 point or bigger. And in over 2 months of working and hunting in what historically was top notch moose country in various areas of the NT, I finally saw my first moose of the season today. So, maybe you should stop, look, and listen to your own advice as I would hate to see some people give up their holidays and travel here to be sadly discouraged by what they find all because someone lied to them on the internet.

Spoke to dozens of hunters over the weekend between Sabistan, Copper Creek, Criss Creek, the Bonaparte, Joe Ross, Jamison Creek, Gorman Creek and what you say follows what I heard. Lots of effort for very little success. Saw one small four point taken and a couple of does taken. The OP is a bit misleading as to how thing are playing out right now. Some time left to go. Let's hope it turns on.

Jelvis
11-12-2013, 10:27 PM
llllllllllllllllll

dana
11-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Jelly,
Like normal you have been hitting the crack pipe with Rob Ford again. The moose numbers are down drastically. In many units in the NT the pops are down by as much as 90% of what they were just 5 years ago. The Region 3 bio gave raving reports for the hunting in most of Region 3 in BC Outdoors, the exception to that is the North Thompson. He said to expect very poor hunting in the NT due to the heavy wolf pressure. Second year in a row that he has stated that in BC Outdoors. Don't believe me, go to the news stand and read it yourself. The hunting is $hitty here. You give out very outdated info and newbies don't know any better. Time to shut up and actually listen on this site. Lots of good info and it ain't coming from you.

Jelvis
11-12-2013, 10:46 PM
llllllllllllllllllllllll

Darksith
11-12-2013, 11:24 PM
Its time to give up Jelvis...you have had quite the season, you have been called out quite dramatically, you have been caught with your head in the sand, and you haven't produced a hunting story for an eterinty. Maybe its time to put the keyboard down and pick up a set of keys and go for a drive with a rifle in some of these areas you rave about...put your money where your mouth is. Lets hear of a success story rather than a tall tale from Mr Jelvis...its time I think.

Jelvis
11-12-2013, 11:35 PM
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

rides bike to work
11-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Some good friends of mi e were up there this past weekend I was supposed to go but had other plans. Wish I did they both got 4 points as well saw multiple other bucks with over 80 deer sighted over the weekend.i didn't see squat where I was but that's hunting.

Jelvis
11-12-2013, 11:51 PM
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

the bear
11-13-2013, 04:42 AM
hey jelvis in regards to your accusation that its the locals that drive the closed rds. on skull I invite you to an in camera meeting to discuss the issue!!! My daddy always said if your going to accuse someone do it face to face .As a 45 year resident would be glad to meet.

doubled
11-13-2013, 06:22 AM
Dana, your words are true. Jelly needs to stop spewing false information as his data is over 20 years old and not applicable. Like you said, would be a shame to see people plan for these Jelly "hotspots" only to get there to see **** all for a week straight.

Yes, I lived there and know first hand about the areas and to be honest do not even hunt up there anymore.

khoffnbud
11-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Jelvis I'm sure everyone appreciates how you point out specific areas for the rest of BC to read. That's like 3 this week, wtf? Not trying to be a dick here as anyone is entitled to hunt anywhere, but formerly being a local of these areas and still hunting them, your not helping.

khoffnbud
11-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Dana, your words are true. Jelly needs to stop spewing false information as his data is over 20 years old and not applicable. Like you said, would be a shame to see people plan for these Jelly "hotspots" only to get there to see **** all for a week straight.

Yes, I lived there and know first hand about the areas and to be honest do not even hunt up there anymore.

You just don't know where to look

doubled
11-13-2013, 11:17 AM
You just don't know where to look

Buddy, I wasn't talking about myself - I know where I am going in those neck of the woods.

I don't have a problem finding animals anywhere there - that is what 30 years of hunting the place does for a guy.

You say you were a local. Do I know you? PM me if you want to keep your name under wraps.

khoffnbud
11-13-2013, 11:37 AM
All I'm saying is that despite numbers being down there are some quality animals there still.

f350ps
11-13-2013, 12:24 PM
All I'm saying is that despite numbers being down there are some quality animals there still.
Yer worried about Jelvis spewing info on yer spot then you reply with this, hahahaha..... beautiful! K

khoffnbud
11-13-2013, 01:00 PM
What exactly did I give away, that there's quality animals in the NT valley? Not sure you can get to my spots with just that. Nice try.

f350ps
11-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Jelvis I'm sure everyone appreciates how you point out specific areas for the rest of BC to read. That's like 3 this week, wtf? Not trying to be a dick here as anyone is entitled to hunt anywhere, but formerly being a local of these areas and still hunting them, your not helping.
Then why respond with this if you're not worried about people finding yer secret spot! K

kennyj
11-13-2013, 02:15 PM
LMAO! Just what I needed.Great post jelvis.
kenny

jdmck
11-13-2013, 02:45 PM
We were up on the patrick fsr on Sun went back to about 15 klick and walked into an old block, knee high snow and 1 new deer track and some wolf track snow must have pushed them lower

Darksith
11-13-2013, 04:19 PM
or jelvis is simply copy and pasting from his 1980 issue of outdoorsman again...

doubled
11-13-2013, 04:31 PM
We have a winner folks!!! DING DING DING

or jelvis is simply copy and pasting from his 1980 issue of outdoorsman again...

Darksith
11-13-2013, 04:36 PM
do I get a chicken dinner?

Weatherby Fan
11-13-2013, 04:48 PM
Come on men leave Jelvis alone he knows a whole lot more than he lets on........I know first hand from chatting with him.

Some of his post look like he's been puffin the magic dragon but he knows the area intimately.

doubled
11-13-2013, 05:23 PM
do I get a chicken dinner?

Tastes like chicken, smells like fish.

dana
11-13-2013, 05:41 PM
Jellystoned hasn't even gone out once this year. He spends all his time sitting behind the keyboard. He was no clue that things have drastically changed in the NT. Go to the magazine rack and read the Fall issue of BC Outdoors. You don't even have to buy it. Just flip to the Region 3 forecast and see what the Bio said. Don't take my word for it, read it for yourself. Or call the Regional office and talk to the Bio yourself. He'll give ya the goods.

dana
11-13-2013, 05:51 PM

Most hunters that travel to the NT from a far and take holiday time are not wanting to see very few animals for the hope that they might luck into a quality critter. Jelvis seems to think monster moose and muleys are behind every tree. Even when the numbers were good, you still had to hunt hard to find a quality buck. Now, you have to bust your ass just to see a small buck. In order for a buck to get big they need to have some serious age on them. They don't get age on them by being dumb. Now put on them 5 + years of the most intense wolf pressure you could imagine for 24/7 365 a year. Those that survived ain't going to be standing in a cutblock now are they?

Jelvis
11-13-2013, 06:18 PM
llllllllllllllllllllllllllll

dana
11-13-2013, 06:53 PM
I've never put in for that unit. Why would I when there have been better units with easier draw rates? Just because I haven't held an Leh for the unit, that doesn't mean I don't know how the moose are doing in that unit. Can you say you've been on the Darlington for 5 days a week for several months a year in Nov, Dec and Jan? I can! And recently too! So, Jelly, when was the last time you hunted up Darlington? No BS either. And come clean on how much you've hunted this year. If you actually have been hunting, where have you been hunting? Lets hear the real goods! You think you are spilling the goods on other areas so lets hear you spill the goods on your areas.

Jelvis
11-13-2013, 07:11 PM
ppppppppppppppp

horshur
11-13-2013, 07:42 PM
my dad got a moose several years ago in 3;28 near thuya lake...fresh logging in there where he got it....my kid was along toddler he is 17 now...never really thought moose hunting was ever very good up thuya..you see moose on the sleds in the winter not so much rest of the year...plenty of moose sign in Darlington this year good rutting sign always been more moose in darlington...deer hunting is good there as well snow don't lie....I have shot many 4 points in 3;28 over the years including this year. I will not lie we have taken the bulk of our deer over the years in 3;28 a doubt that will change....got to go the roast is ready.

It is that time of year now.....where the out of town hunters do there best to make the locals feel like out of towner's.

Jelvis
11-13-2013, 07:55 PM
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

dana
11-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Jelly, you need to tell the truth on how much you've hunted this year. come on bud, we know you are old and find it better to sit at home plunkin on the ol' puter.

Jelvis
11-13-2013, 08:07 PM
llllllllllllllllllllllllllll

dana
11-13-2013, 08:09 PM
How many times have you been played thinkin you are the Player?

Jelvis
11-13-2013, 09:45 PM
ppppppppppppppppp

dana
11-13-2013, 09:59 PM
How many times have you thought you where playing a player when you actually were the one that was being played?

Darksith
11-13-2013, 10:39 PM
Talk is cheap, especially when its just regurgitated info. Post up the pictures of success, then and only then should the words be heeded by the people who feel that their time is running out

the bear
11-18-2013, 04:42 AM
Lived in Barriere for 47 years trust me no local would be a friend of you jelly.Its people like you and the rest of your road hammer buddies that give hunting a bad name

bosca
11-18-2013, 08:13 AM
I can say that I have geat respect for the ethic and accomplishments of most of the hunters on this sight but i got to say that the ego tripping and personal jibes going on in this thread are reminding me of my teenage daughters facebook.
Many of you should read your own signatures and what they stand for before you start calling people out over trivial things.