PDA

View Full Version : Back road access issues - email campaign

Franko Manini
02-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Guys and gals from the mainland,

Access to our back country on Vancouver Island has become a nightmare and continues to dwindle. Please read the post cited below and participate in our efforts to resolve the issues at hand. We need your help.

If we don't act now, we could be facing similar access issues throughout the Province. It's probably too late to affect any change on the Island, but making a big noise now will help when they examine implementing similar policies for the mainland.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=10125

my sincere gratitude,
Franko

BCLongshot
02-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Why can't we access our Crown Land... I'll cut the lock unless they have equipment up there and they're actually doing something. Otherwise if they're going to start being piss ants 4 no reason then so be it grinder here I come !

hunter1947
02-02-2007, 05:47 AM
Will get the ball rolling franco ,thanks much for your help ,will keep in touch with you ,47 hunter.

Franko Manini
02-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Why can't we access our Crown Land... I'll cut the lock unless they have equipment up there and they're actually doing something. Otherwise if they're going to start being piss ants 4 no reason then so be it grinder here I come !

That's EXACTLY the problem. It's not Crown land anymore. It was gifted to TimberWest and other large timber companies in 1992. Now it's private land, owned solely by the big companies.

hunter1947
02-02-2007, 08:56 PM
That's EXACTLY the problem. It's not Crown land anymore. It was gifted to TimberWest and other large timber companies in 1992. Now it's private land, owned solely by the big companies. Yes we no ,but maybe we can change some things for down the road ,you don;t no till you try ,hunter 1947.

steel_ram
02-02-2007, 09:03 PM
What a huge chunk of land to be owned privately. Pretty much unheard of in our little corner of the world, for someone to have domination over such a piece of our habitat, forcing us humans to live on a narrow corrider of land primarily along the East coast of Vancouver Island. Private property yes, but it's not like it's any Timberwest executives residence.

Are these owners even Canadian?

BearSniper
02-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Your post got me thinking.

So I looked up the TimberWest website and discovered that the board of directors is full of- you guessed it- Americans.

Many are Ivy league educated from back east who probably don't even know where the h*ll B.C. is.

This has really started to get me boiling mad. The U.S. Gov't has been kicking us repeatedly in the teeth over softwood lumber, and now you mean to tell me that an American company is going to tell me I can't hunt in my own woods in the province where I was born?:mad:

I don't mind that much that our nations Oil and Gas industry is partly controlled by Americans, at least in Alberta they don't prohibit you from hunting or fishing on Oil land leases. They just ask that you don't shoot the Gas rigs or Oil pumping pigs. All the pipelines are underground. Thats common sense.:|

Did you know that under the federal communications laws of the U.S. , foreign ownership of a radio station is prohibited ? That means if you and I and a couple of others on this forum wanted to buy a little 10,000 watt country Music station on Whidby Island Wash., we'd be prohibited by U.S. law ?

Do any of you remember how p***ed of the Americans were a few years back when Toronto won the World Series.? " This is our game !", cried the Americans as they marched our flag upside down !:mad:

But if a deer walks onto their B.C. land I'm no longer allowed to follow it.? Even if that land is just sitting dormant so trees can grow bigger.

We should fight this in the courts, and with our MLA's and if that doesn't work, ( and i know this is an awful thing to say but,) maybe Companies like Timberwest are going to wake up one morning and find their prize forests burned to the ground.

No wonder Americans are the most hated people in the world.

Sorry to be so upset, but I agree with you Franco, something has to be done. The bloody Americans would never let us own their forests !:mad:

hunter1947
02-03-2007, 05:53 AM
Well with the help from franco and others like yourself ,we are going to give it a stab ,like i said i have never been into politics ,but this gate closure thing has really got me steamed up :evil: ,if we ,us the people try and do something now ,and if nothing gets done ,at least we tried. hunter 1947.

houndogger
02-03-2007, 12:52 PM
I was talking with a timberwaste road engineer last spring will bear hunting. I asked how much more wood was coming off this side behind my place. He just shook his head and said in the next few years every sell able stick! Last fall there was a crew trying to clean one of the local creeks down by the house. Fisherys said it was to much silt run off caused by the excessive logging on the mountain!

I can't remember who the fella on here was that was a cameraman for chek 6 news but maybe he could swing some kind of report on what is going on behind these locked gates. Maybe a blockade of all the logging trucks is in order!

Just wait till no one is shooting any bears and they start spilling into towns.

The gates won't stop me just make me a criminal:twisted:

The Hermit
02-03-2007, 01:36 PM
I am buying an ATV!

Spokerider
02-03-2007, 06:43 PM
BearSniper,

Kudo's for digging into TimberWaste's ownership title. Americans did you say!! Hummm. I'll bet the general public would be quite interested in this fact. It oughta stoke some national pride into us spineless, yes, I said spineless canuks when they find out americans are controlling access to our very own backyards, even if they're not from the hunting fraternity.

BCLongshot
02-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Franco...

I am suporting your way of doing this in spirit but I don't have time for this anymore.

I'm a mainlander and I will go over, under or remove !

If the smartass losers are going to be bitches then we don't have 2 report forest fires on their private land, theft of expensive equipment etc.

They'll get the message so tell them 4 me. We can be a HUGE asset but piss off. Just because they kiss ass and get the crown land for nothing doesn't mean they have to block access.

I'm too tired when I get home 2 be all kissy poo nice writing letters and e-mails, I already don't get to do enough of the normal things.

Please tell them 4 me ! U can quote me and use my name and address but I'm not going to bow down and do it their way I'm sorry...

William Wallace is my HERO ! String me up I don't care anymore !!!

BCMADBOYSICKOFTHEBULLCRAP

CanuckShooter
02-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Private property is private property....what's your beef..?? :frown:

BCLongshot
02-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Whatever.............. I'm more than willing to get a black eye for something I beleive in.