PDA

View Full Version : Heading to 3-26....

cgizen
11-10-2013, 11:09 PM
The mullies have skunked me in region 8, so my son and I have decided to take a trip up to 3-26 tomorrow to try our luck up there. I have heard it seems to be a pretty good area, wondering if anyone might have some tips their willing to share. I got my mullie and whitey tags and he has his youth tag for either sex whitey. Any help would be great!!

PointMan
11-10-2013, 11:23 PM
3-20 on the other side of the highway is good too, Canyon Creek Rd for mulies, or stay in the valley for white tails.

Jagermeister
11-11-2013, 12:27 AM
3-26 gets lots of pressure from the Salmon Arm hunters, not to mention Armstrong, Chase, Enderby, Falkland, Sorennto and Tappen so expect lots of company. Should have lots of help if you should slide off any road.

cgizen
11-11-2013, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the tips, I am guessing by what jagermeister mentioned, the roads are a little ugly out that way??

Jagermeister
11-11-2013, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the tips, I am guessing by what jagermeister mentioned, the roads are a little ugly out that way??
It's been raining in the valley bottoms off and on and it was dumping white stuff on the hills when I could see them. Then the ceiling lowered. Last I saw on the hills was snow at about the 2500' level. I would imagine there is a good dump of the white type further up. Seeing that Sapper and company slipped into the ditch over at Surrey Lake, I wouldn't hesitate to guess it is greasy all over that area south of Kamloops and eastward. Pack some tire chains for sure, gives you a bit of piece of mind if you encounter some good snow.

boxhitch
11-11-2013, 04:53 AM
not to mention Armstrong, Chase, Enderby, Falkland, Sorennto and Tappen and Vernon and Lake Country
The MD in region 3 are smarter than the ones in reg 8 , therefore that later opening . You have to hunt smarter , but bucks can be had
Used to successfully hunt Station road and Strawberry? off Paxton Valley , haven't been in years