PDA

View Full Version : hellping a member in the Surrey Lake area

sapper
11-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Hi all, Well, as promised, we've been having an adventure. Today, about 10km from camp my buddy's Dakota slid off the snowy road into a ditch. We hiked back about 7km and got a ride back the last 3 km with the resort manager. Another hunter staying here is going to take a look tomorrow and see if he feels comfortable in trying an extraction. If he's not successful or not willing once he's looked does anyone here have any suggestions?We are staying at Surrey Lake Resort and the truck is about 10km from us. Thanks all. Amazing to know that I've got a community here that can offer assistance of one form or another. I'll check back in the morning to see what helpful suggestions members have to offer.

russm
11-10-2013, 11:10 PM
I can't help you but if it doesn't look line there's a good chance you can do it do t attempt to do it yourself, chances are if it looks like it'll be hard it will be and you probably have less chance Of damage if you have someone who knows what they're doing recover it.

Westslope
11-10-2013, 11:29 PM
Mikes towing does off-road recoveries very well.

Al P.
11-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Mike or Dons towing in Kamloops are the only ones in that area that will do a recovery off road.

Bushy
11-11-2013, 08:26 AM
Try calling Lloyds in LL, he may have a number for local boys with lifted big block trucks and tow straps. It's colder out this morning so traction will be better than +2 yesterday

sapper
11-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Well, fellow hunter here doesn't want to tackle getting there with his tires. So we'll try Lloyds and Mike or Don's. Thanks, guys.

sapper
11-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Okay, Lloyds gave us one number but no-one is answering. I guess we're calling Don's or Mike's. If anyone knows someone out this way and would like to offer please let us know ASAP.

nature girl
11-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Is his whole truck stuck in ditch or just one tire. I read some where if you are stuck use your vehicle floor mats for traction put infront of the tires. It is worth a try. Or just a stupid suggestion.

Steeleco
11-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Might be cheaper to run into town and buy some chains? Assuming it's not that badly stuck? Good luck.

sapper
11-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Thanks, all. We ended up having a young guy from Logan Lake come out and pull us out with his Ford Ranger and straps. Yeehaw. Now to pay the bill. We're out with no damage and no-one hurt though.

Big Lew
11-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Well, that's fortunate....but did any of you get anything?
My brother and his relatives were able to get 2 wts and an immi moose from the general area that I told you about during the last few days.

swampdonkey
11-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Glad u got out I just got to cabin and read this . My Buddy was over there and got a immy as well . If you get stuck again pm me

sapper
11-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Well, that's fortunate....but did any of you get anything?
My brother and his relatives were able to get 2 wts and an immi moose from the general area that I told you about during the last few days.

No, sadly we did not take any animals out of the area. The spot we had planned on spending Sunday afternoon (when we got stuck) was littered with tracks but ...
Yesterday morning once we got the truck extracted we had to head back to the cabin to check out, head into Logan Lake to pay the guy that hauled us out and that was it. Too bad as the spot looked to be very hopeful. We saw some big buck tracks too.

sapper
11-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Glad u got out I just got to cabin and read this . My Buddy was over there and got a immy as well . If you get stuck again pm me

Thanks, swampdonkey. Your location shows you in 3-19 but also Greendale. The only Greendale I know of is in Chilliwack area?