PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with Fenix headlamp - need a fix

msharkey
11-10-2013, 12:45 PM
I recently purchased a Fenix HP 25 headlamp and in less than 2 hours of use the spot light function failed - the flood still works. Has anybody suffered this or a similar failure? Any idea if I can get it repaired or where? I think they are quality units and I don't really want to throw away the better part of a hundred bucks. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers!

MB_Boy
11-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Buzz Fenix Frank on this forum.

Marc
11-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Let frank get the chance to make it right, I have one of his head lamps and love it!

swampthing
11-10-2013, 07:47 PM
I almost bought one. Are they brighter than a full throttle petzel?

msharkey
11-10-2013, 08:04 PM
I recently purchased a Fenix HP 25 headlamp and in less than 2 hours of use the spot light function failed - the flood still works. Has anybody suffered this or a similar failure? Any idea if I can get it repaired or where? I think they are quality units and I don't really want to throw away the better part of a hundred bucks. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers!
To be fair, I didn't buy it from Fenix Frank and I wouldn't expect him to deal with the issue. There are numerous dealers of the product. I was just curious if I should pursue the warranty claim (is this a common failure?) with the supplier I purchased it from. I haven't heard back from them and I'm not sure I want to ship it back, no doubt at my cost, and get back a product that is somehow compromised. Just my cynical nature, I guess.

blaker_99
11-10-2013, 08:14 PM
i recently purchased and compared a petzel 80 lumen and the fenix hp25 and the fenix had better color spectrum but the petzel 80 kept up in ability to see close and far. i chose the petzel because they opperate on AAA batteries rather than AA and the petzel last a hell of a lot longer in the field than the fenix when on comparable setting. im thinking you may have spend the batteries so quickly that it would only operate on low setting. hope this help you guys.