PDA

View Full Version : Did the squamish region elk get taken yet?

DLP
11-10-2013, 10:44 AM
i was hiking up at my usually spot up the elaho yesterday. very few if any hunters around and the road i access has show no vehicle access for 6 weeks now. i am trying to bump into a nice buck i know lives up there, his tracks are pretty big, will post pics in a bit. he decended straight down from about 1000m to 600m then cut into the bush and ascended all the way straigt back up until i couldnt follow anymore. no signs of him stopping or feeding. tracks were only a few hours old. saw bobcat tracks also overtop but opposite direction.

i found a pile of handgun casings at a makeshift target area near campground.

on my way out at 445pm passing km 5-6 rigt near the hydro station i saw what looked like a large covered animal carcass loaded into a trailer. way too big for bear or deer unless i didnt look properly. guys had a white cube van, truck and atvs. was late for dinner didnt have time to snoop more.
perhaps an elk was taken? anyone know?

Darksith
11-10-2013, 10:50 AM
hope it wasn't poacers

olympia
11-10-2013, 12:30 PM
guess you cant really say much if you didn't see an actual elk, I was up there about a month ago and saw a huge elk just before the substation on the road leading up to ashlu, this elk was not afraid at all. I drove about 50 feet from it and just stared at it, it stood there for at least 20 seconds and stared at me before walking off, it was the first time I had seen a wild elk, I hope these things learn that not all vehicles/people are friendly so they have a better chance against poachers, I heard they found a dead one not too long ago near a road and when they contacted the LEH holders for the year neither had claimed it and one guy hadn't even had a chance to hunt there at the time. They must just stand there for the poachers

davet
11-10-2013, 01:47 PM
could have been natives?

olympia
11-10-2013, 02:02 PM
could have been natives?

kind of an ignorant thing to say considering you were not there, I guess you are trying to another one those anti-native rants going post after post. Funny thing is that does not even accomplish anything, it just shows your personality types have some sort of infatuation with ranting and raving on the net when you could all get together and collectively lobby your lawmakers to change the rules, if you were to do this in an intelligent and civil way and speak to the government in "government language" maybe someone will listen your incessant ravings about being denied your share of meat.

Cpl_Punishment
11-10-2013, 03:05 PM
kind of an ignorant thing to say considering you were not there, I guess you are trying to another one those anti-native rants going post after post. Funny thing is that does not even accomplish anything, it just shows your personality types have some sort of infatuation with ranting and raving on the net when you could all get together and collectively lobby your lawmakers to change the rules, if you were to do this in an intelligent and civil way and speak to the government in "government language" maybe someone will listen your incessant ravings about being denied your share of meat.

I didn't find it ignorant or anti native at all. It could very well have been native hunters, legally hunting within their traditional territory. I think you're reading too much in to this or are little too sensitive.

People were automatically assuming it may have been poachers, I think he was simply asking about other possible legal options.

olympia
11-10-2013, 03:24 PM
I didn't find it ignorant or anti native at all. It could very well have been native hunters, legally hunting within their traditional territory. I think you're reading too much in to this or are little too sensitive.

People were automatically assuming it may have been poachers, I think he was simply asking about other possible legal options.

no not sensitive, its a bait post where one guy mentions natives, then the next guy says one law for all, and then next says my friends uncles brother saw some natives with 15 moose in the back of their truck an then it morphs into all out attacks. I do believe we need to lobby the government to make some changes but its not get gonna get done with our present complacency. Their are some very influential people in "hunting world" and if they could guys like to back them the govt might listen, we should raising money to pay for pro hunting biologists to our point of view, that's what the aniti's do except their biologist are biased against us or have political motives to put a bad spin on hunting.

wl325
11-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Olympia, you just got hooked hard into an anti, anti-native rant...by yourself... How would you describe your personality type?

boxhitch
11-10-2013, 09:04 PM
guys had a white cube van, truck and atvs.

hope it wasn't poacers

could have been natives?
Sounds more like an abduction

Blainer
11-10-2013, 09:16 PM

People were automatically assuming it may have been poachers, I think he was simply asking about other possible legal options.Agree 100%!

DLP
11-10-2013, 09:25 PM
anyway...more wondering if the leh tags got filled. because there is only one animal that big out there. unless i am mistaken by what i saw.

quadrakid
11-10-2013, 09:27 PM
This post is about someone seeing something in the back of a trailer that may or may not be a dead animal,may or may not be an elk, may or may not be humans of one race or another.Save this crap for march or something,its hunting season guys.

albravo2
11-10-2013, 09:48 PM
pretty reasonable question about natives. they get to harvest too, i think the deal is they get to take an animal for every one that goes to LEH.

could easily have been them.

olympia
11-10-2013, 10:15 PM
pretty reasonable question about natives. they get to harvest too, i think the deal is they get to take an animal for every one that goes to LEH.

could easily have been them.

could easily have been them and could easily have been you or me or that guy or that guy over there or not even a dead animal, maybe just someone dumping a couch but hey lets start bashing natives

olympia
11-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Olympia, you just got hooked hard into an anti, anti-native rant...by yourself... How would you describe your personality type?

practical...only fight when you have something to win if not don't even bother throwing a proverbial blow so to speak, save your energy until you see your move will actually get you what you want. That's my personality... "knowing oneself and not the enemy is 50% victory and 50% defeat, knowing the enemy yet not knowing oneself is 50% victory and 50% defeat, knowing the enemy and knowing oneself is 100 % victory" bitching on the net is 0% victory

brutus
11-10-2013, 10:21 PM
could easily have been them and could easily have been you or me or that guy or that guy over there or not even a dead animal, maybe just someone dumping a couch but hey lets start bashing nativestake a pill dude the native thing is hitting you hard you must have a fever lol

olympia
11-10-2013, 11:22 PM
take a pill dude the native thing is hitting you hard you must have a fever lol

yeah...buck fever

Gateholio
11-11-2013, 12:40 AM
Often when there is a new LEH, the local Natives also get an allocation. It's a completely legitimate question, Olympia. Stop making this into more than it is, you are trying to turn this thread intro something it is not.

Get this back on track, the question was did the Squamish LEH get used.

BC_Viking
11-11-2013, 03:25 AM
I know pretty much every Native in the Squamish nation , about 5 of them hunt large game and only if they run across something on the reserve , they dont go out of their way to hunt and sure dont use quads to hunt so we can put that to rest. Most of them are so busy fishing right now the only thing they are shooting are the odd seal that raids the fishing nets.

Blainer
11-11-2013, 09:12 AM
could easily have been them and could easily have been you or me or that guy or that guy over there or not even a dead animal, maybe just someone dumping a couch but hey lets start bashing nativesExcept the fact that you and I can't harvest a bull without an authorization.
The natives have such authorizations and this would be a legitimate question.
I have also seen no bashing of natives on this thread,
It would appear you are over sensitive and getting worked up about nothing.
Adavan can help.

huntcoop
11-11-2013, 09:18 AM
I know pretty much every Native in the Squamish nation.....Most of them are so busy fishing right now the only thing they are shooting are the odd seal...

Now that is awesome :lol:

itsy bitsy xj
11-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Ok

Mystery solved!!! I checked the CIA data base and it turns out they had agents up here to capture a sasquach. The video on the website I hacked showed them taking the bigfoot and loading it in the trailer.

olympia
11-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Ok

Mystery solved!!! I checked the CIA data base and it turns out they had agents up here to capture a sasquach. The video on the website I hacked showed them taking the bigfoot and loading it in the trailer.

Hey Itsy Bitsy, that's highly classified info you just shared with everyone on this site. I hope you feel satisfied knowing everyone with a sasquatch tag is now gonna be heading up to squamish with white cube vans and tarps.

Rackem
11-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Hey Itsy Bitsy, that's highly classified info you just shared with everyone on this site. I hope you feel satisfied knowing everyone with a sasquatch tag is now gonna be heading up to squamish with white cube vans and tarps.

LMAO now THAT was funny!

Rackem
11-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Was this the truck you saw?

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2009/06/01/1225719/291312-feral-pig.jpg

Rackem
11-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Or this one?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3588/3364562802_f219750f42.jpg

TheProvider
11-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Could have been authorized LEH tags holder. Natives were allocated tags aswell.

Doubtful it was poachers. Seems a bit to high peofile to be poachers. Not to many want to be caught with an entire elk on a trailor plus quads.

Like others said could have been anything on the trailor.

This thread is useless without pics!!!! :)

RB2
11-16-2013, 04:29 AM
Really? probably was poached. I was up there last weekend, there were guys poaching coho. why not elk. camera was dead or I would report

RB2
11-16-2013, 04:35 AM
Now that is awesome :lol:

Really? good friends? there is 1 I have heard of that didn't get the band draw. sells firewood and has one is his carport

RB2
11-16-2013, 04:38 AM
I know pretty much every Native in the Squamish nation , about 5 of them hunt large game and only if they run across something on the reserve , they dont go out of their way to hunt and sure dont use quads to hunt so we can put that to rest. Most of them are so busy fishing right now the only thing they are shooting are the odd seal that raids the fishing nets.N
Netting the river I might add. not traditional

One Shot
11-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Really? probably was poached. I was up there last weekend, there were guys poaching coho. why not elk. camera was dead or I would report

A dead camera is not a valid excuse not to report it as you do not need pictures to report it to the RAPP line.

olympia
11-16-2013, 04:57 PM

so are you saying rapp reports should only be made by people with cameras?

complainant: Hi Mr. CO I have some guy poaching moose calves

Mr. Co: Do you have a camera with full battery charge?

Complainant: No I don't, the batteries dead

Mr. CO:Sorry we can do anything for guys with dead camera batteries.