PDA

View Full Version : The swift river

whiteraven
11-07-2013, 04:50 PM
SWIFT RIVER Looking for information on the swift river in the quenel area. Hunted around the swift in 502 d looked like a great river to float. We were up the 600 rd area. Is there any way you can access river and float any length? Possable fishing we found old gold operations and old cabins falling down but no moose . thanks

takla1
11-07-2013, 05:25 PM
wow...no moose really,what dates were you in there?i used to go in for the any bull nov 15th-30th and we got our bull every yr.as far as floating the river I wouldn't know any put in,take out areas myself and I don't know if there are any waterfalls along its course,some locals could chime in tho im sure.

Jagermeister
11-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Whatever you decide, it is absolutely imperative that you do not float downstream of HWY 97. Once you're in the canyon, you are screwed. The only two methods of extraction are by rappaling down to recover or by helicopter long line. There are signs warning of the danger at the bridge.
I suppose that you can access upstream of Cottonwood House and float down to the highway, but there are some waterfalls upstream of the railroad bridge that I consider not navigable. Some kyakers may think differently.