PDA

View Full Version : Late Season Hunt

Jagermeister
11-07-2013, 12:15 PM
If you're a LMLer heading out for that late season hunt in regions 3 and 8, be forewarned.
Take extra rations, extra fuel, an emergency locator (Sat phone or Spot), chains, extra warm clothing, etc.
At the moment, it is raining and blowing like a banshee where I live, has been most of the night. Not expected to ease off until late tomorrow. The snow line is around the 2000' level so you can expect copious snow above that elevation.
The weather for the south central interior is expected to improve for Saturday, but returns to inclement weather for Sunday. It should be a good drive home on Monday.

sapper
11-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Thanks, Jager. We're heading up to the Lac Le Jeune area tomorrow afternoon. Should be an interesting drive.

coach
11-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Good advice, Jaegermeister! Be safe everyone.

Mikey Rafiki
11-07-2013, 01:24 PM
I agree. In other words, be smart if you're headed out in the bush. I carry those things year round here and most everyone should. I've seen big enough snowfalls in August so the chains don't leave the truck.

twinpeaks3
11-07-2013, 07:19 PM
snow upto the bottom of the winchbumper last sunday up dome good luck even getting to bighorn with all this snow now.

Fella
11-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Was supposed to go up that way this weekend but plans fell through. Looks like a weekend visiting the ducks!

Skinny
11-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Heading to princeton this weekend tried to check snow elevation couldnt find any info any ideas??

Hightest
11-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Princeton has mediocre snow at the lower elevations and hasn't been much more than a foot anywhere I've been yet. That being said it has snowed a little every day for the last week, could get a dump or two any time.

sapper
11-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Best of luck to all this weekend. I'm sitting here cooling my heels waiting for my buddy to finish fighting traffic to get to my house and then we're off to get him his first buck (at least his first buck he will actually get to bring home with him). ;-)

bone
11-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Staying in the LML to Salmon fish. Thanks for the tip.

Moe.JKU
11-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the tip, wont be making it to far into region 3 but still nice to know.

Steelpulse
11-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Yes very snowy in reg 3 surrounding kamloops, the hunting is good though my brother was out yesterday looking for 4pt mule as he has his WT buck but could only track down WT bucks saw 2 nice whitetails and a dozen does couple mule spikes 2s and 3 pters, lots of action to be had, im gonna be out looking for the one WT he said was a beast, good luck to all