PDA

View Full Version : 5-1 doe draw help

skuntor
11-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Just spent the weekend in tge snow up by Deka/Canim. My first overnight hunt and we had 3 antlerless draws in our group. Got there Friday and things looked promising. That changed when the snow started. Piled up over a foot by the time we pulled out Sunday. We hunted hard all day Saturday and Sunday morning but saw nothing.
Any recomendations for hunting during snow storm? We were hoping to wake up to clear skies and fresh tracks not heavy falling snow. I would like to make it back up before the end of the month to cut my first tag.

takla1
11-05-2013, 08:57 PM
try the ft hills east to canim,first light in the cutblocks always worked in that area for me

4 point
11-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Sit around camp fire while it's snowing. Head out after it stops and check the edges of cut blocks.

skuntor
11-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Sit around camp fire while it's snowing. Head out after it stops and check the edges of cut blocks.

I'm sure the snow stopped as soon as we left for home!

Cyrus
11-05-2013, 09:54 PM
have the same draw...try getting a little lower, canim gets pounded with snow...maybe try sheridan/horse lake area imo. A doe should be a gimme up there but honestly I always find when the first snow is a major dump kiss the game goodbye...

odie1830
11-05-2013, 09:55 PM
If all else fail drive the pipeline just above green lake, enter off of 83 mile road . Lots of does around. Good luck

howa1500
11-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Either north of Watch lake, north side of Fawn creek, or North Side of Horse Lake. Those seem to be winter ranges of the Muleys who havent buggered off to lower elevations.

CaribooBC
11-10-2013, 12:36 AM
We got ours today. The weather has mellowed and the animals are out and about. Early this week it was like all the critters had left for a tropical vacation. Until Wednesday, all I had seen was one Whitey doe. Since Wednesday afternoon I have seen lots of Mulie does. Look for old growth fir and hunt the clearings around it.

Cyrus
11-10-2013, 06:59 AM
seen a few but all with fawns...now if there was such thing as a cow elk draw in the area I would of had a shot at more than one...the area I hunt has really tapered off with deer, trail cams really died off after the snow hit...too much too soon imo. Still looking for a 4pt first maybe later in the month I will take a doe. 3 years in a row where it seems the deer pop disappears in region 5 come the first snow...