PDA

View Full Version : Slaying Session with Qwa-honn

FrendlyFireZero
11-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Pics were supposed to be posted but my phone was being dumb.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x165/cryotecnic/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps2f9f134d.jpg (http://s182.photobucket.com/user/cryotecnic/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps2f9f134d.jpg.html)
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x165/cryotecnic/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps27d65f11.jpg (http://s182.photobucket.com/user/cryotecnic/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps27d65f11.jpg.html)

lorneparker1
11-03-2013, 07:05 PM
22 what? any pics! Sounds like a great day!

Lorne

303Brit
11-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Looks like a good day

ru rancher
11-03-2013, 07:45 PM
thats an awesome day good job i am very jelouse!

lorneparker1
11-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Great shoot fellas!

Kudu
11-03-2013, 11:02 PM
We heard you guys laying down steel - we were on the other side of the dyke ....... Enough geese out there keep one busy for a while - filled our boots - (nearly sank the boat!)

Nice haul there - BTW!!

Sasquatch
11-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Nice looking haul guys....

BiG Boar
11-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Looks like a great day to be out there! Congrats on the beat down.

Steeleco
11-04-2013, 08:45 AM
That Johnny guy sure knows how to lay a hurt on those birds. :mrgreen: Congrats

xfactor
11-04-2013, 10:08 AM
looks like a lot of fun, beauty day for it. great job guys...congrats!!

Qwa-honn
11-05-2013, 04:51 AM
We had two more guys with us. Big Boar and a new guy that we met. I really like the pic of my dad , my son and I.

Kudu
11-05-2013, 05:08 PM
We had two more guys with us. Big Boar and a new guy that we met. I really like the pic of my dad , my son and I.

Those are really cool pics, wish I could have got one with my dad - Josh and I hunting like that - cherish those memories.

I'm pleased that you guys are shooting on Ken and Lynne's place, I always worried about the horses the times Josh and I were there.

Qwa-honn
11-06-2013, 06:15 AM
they own a small piece in the corner. the rest is owned by three others. I have been going since it was all owned by one farmer. He has been selling parts off here and there. It is not a bad area though. Can't wait to get back and hit it again.

Qwa-honn
11-06-2013, 06:20 AM
My dad is 75 and loves to come out for birds. He gave it up after he had a triple bypass. about eight years later he came for a trip to Alberta and was hooked again. So I bought him a layout and a benelli super nova and he was/is off to the races. My son is just starting out again. He came out a few times but now that he has a new super vinci I think he will be coming more often.

Blainer
11-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Unreal day!

Kudu
11-06-2013, 09:26 AM
My dad is 75 and loves to come out for birds. He gave it up after he had a triple bypass. about eight years later he came for a trip to Alberta and was hooked again. So I bought him a layout and a benelli super nova and he was/is off to the races. My son is just starting out again. He came out a few times but now that he has a new super vinci I think he will be coming more often.

That's really cool, my sons hunt with me, Josh the eldest is my hunting partner, he got a 870 for his eighteenth. I really miss my father when out hunting, I'm sure he would have given Josh a couple pointers.

We will be out there over the next couple of weeks, let's keep in contact so that we don't fall over each other's blinds.

Qwa-honn
11-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Well after posting the pics which I am proud of the three of us together I don't know if any more pics will come up.
A couple of days after this some guys showed up in our field and tried to set up without permission. They said they saw the pics on here and tried to talk their way into our field.
No one else will have permission on this property. The land owners have agreed to follow our traditional use grounds as they border reservation lands and no one can come on without talking to us and as we all know we won't take just anyone on to our hunting grounds.

Kudu
11-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Well after posting the pics which I am proud of the three of us together I don't know if any more pics will come up.
A couple of days after this some guys showed up in our field and tried to set up without permission. They said they saw the pics on here and tried to talk their way into our field.
No one else will have permission on this property. The land owners have agreed to follow our traditional use grounds as they border reservation lands and no one can come on without talking to us and as we all know we won't take just anyone on to our hunting grounds.

In case anyone was wondering, it wasn't me or my boys (although I did say that I would be there over there sometime) - however having discussed the situation with everyone, we support this initiative 100% and agree that Qwa-honn manages the property as he sees fit. I still can't believe that some ass-hat would try and shoot on private property without following the correct procedures.

lorneparker1
11-09-2013, 07:22 PM

Sorry to hear that Johnny... There is a reason why you never see us post pictures with back grounds in them. All of our pics are the birds on the ground. It sucks because I would love to take some awesome shots of birds decoying. But I never do, because I know I cant share them for people to appreciate. I have some UNREAL video from over the years that I would never in a million years post here. I have been getting internet scouted as long as the internet has been around. But never as bad as till I moved to BC. We learned this a few years ago, where it seemed coincidental that every time we had a good shoot, there were trucks parked scouting our spots, or worse people hunting them. People are LAZY, and internet scouting is way easier then the leg work required to kill ducks consistently.

Lesson learned im sure!

303Brit
11-09-2013, 08:43 PM

That's too bad, as Lorne already pointed out the internet scouting in BC is ridiculous. Can't believe some people lack of ethics, trying to hunt a private piece of property with no permission. Wow just wow

Sorry you guys got burned

Qwa-honn
11-10-2013, 08:12 PM
I have never even heard of internet scouting. Owell heard of it now. I am just happy that the landowner has agreed to follow the our traditional hunting lands. Hated to go that road but because of low lifes what can we do. Had a decent day out on the river got 12 ducks this morn.

pnbrock
11-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Had to play the traditional hunting ground card hey.

lorneparker1
11-10-2013, 08:23 PM
I have never even heard of internet scouting. Owell heard of it now. I am just happy that the landowner has agreed to follow the our traditional hunting lands. Hated to go that road but because of low lifes what can we do. Had a decent day out on the river got 12 ducks this morn.

While I think getting internet scouted is brutal, I am not sure how the traditional hunting lands thing works? Can you explain that to me? I thought you said it wasn't on the reserve|?

Kudu
11-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Had to play the traditional hunting ground card hey.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i460/poofter_paddi/imagesCAIWSAIT.jpg

What's the matter troll - pissed that you can't shoot birds on a reserve?

There is an obnoxious little character who lives on a neighbouring parcel of land that calls the cops every time he hears a shotgun go off (not a problem just tedious having cops show up and check everything) sooner or later the "knob-head" will get the place shutdown again, especially if crocks beer swilling mates get loosed on the place.

Why is it suprising that when ass-hats try and barge their way onto private property, by bullshitting everyone that questions them about trespassing - that the land owner would ask his neighbours to manage the hunting rights on his land? (In this case Qwa-honn was the good neighbour, surely he can manage that land anyway he sees fit)

Some people are simply too thick to realize that they don't have God given rights to shoot on private land!!

FrendlyFireZero
11-10-2013, 10:52 PM
What's the matter crock - pissed that you can't shoot birds on a reserve?

No, he's not pissed. There is a widely used adjective on the internet to describe the feeling, Butt-hurt

As for the management part, why shouldn't Qwa-honn manage it? Hes been hunting the field since I was 10 years old, it was in that field that I went hunting for the first time.
The field is a stones throw away from the Old Scowlitz reserve, where all three of us are registered members and Scowlitz traditional territory stretched from where the reserve is now, part way up Mt Woodside and past Tapidera. So I think our claim to the field is quite legitimate. Plus if the owners agree, not much anyone can do. Basically, whats happening here is we are trying to avoid a potentially disastrous outcome, too many hunters = no more birds *cough* Ladner marsh *cough*

So in short

http://i.imgur.com/W7o9Cau.png

Qwa-honn
11-11-2013, 06:54 PM
lol. It is a matter of agreement between the landowner and the local first nations. Some like to work this type of relations some don't. But it usually works well for both parties involved..... you'd have to be a farmer to really understand the benefits i think.

Crazy_Farmer
11-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Please elaborate on these benefits Johnny, just curious I guess. We farm but not aware of these benefits?

adriaticum
11-11-2013, 08:18 PM

Just call the cops, some people need to learn the meaning of private property.
Nice haul. Looks like a great day to me!
Don't be surprised if people figure out where you hunt if you post panoramic pics.
Just crop them to the bare basics.

Dutch
11-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Crock allready shoots birds on a "preserve" about 9000 acres last time I checked so do I, we got more than we can handle, you all welcome to the rest ....

Kudu
11-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Please elaborate on these benefits Johnny, just curious I guess. We farm but not aware of these benefits?

Crock allready shoots birds on a "preserve" about 9000 acres last time I checked so do I, we got more than we can handle, you all welcome to the rest ....

Seems like everyone belongs to a "club" - some just have better benefits than other! :mrgreen:

Qwa-honn
11-13-2013, 07:34 PM
What does it matter for you. We all know that you would never have anyone outside to come in ,and I understand it ,that is what this post has been about.

pnbrock
11-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Really kudu is that your best??

Crazy_Farmer
11-13-2013, 08:18 PM
You have it wrong Johnny. I'm just asking about the benefits since I wasn't sure what you're talking about exactly???? That's it.

I have zero clue on what these benefits are. That's why I'm asking?

f350ps
11-13-2013, 10:11 PM
We used to have some superb land in Tsawwassen that was "managed", its now going to be the largest mall in B.C. Enjoy what you have now cuz the managers are really just waiting for their chance! K

Kudu
11-13-2013, 10:55 PM
Really kudu is that your best??

Say what little troll?

Kudu
11-13-2013, 10:56 PM
We used to have some superb land in Tsawwassen that was "managed", its now going to be the largest mall in B.C. Enjoy what you have now cuz the managers are really just waiting for their chance! K

And a Bass pro to boot - what are whinging about? :mrgreen:

FrendlyFireZero
11-14-2013, 09:26 PM
And a Bass pro to boot - what are whinging about? :mrgreen:

Bass pro on reserve? Sounds like my status card will be getting a workout

Kudu
11-15-2013, 06:44 AM
Bass pro on reserve? Sounds like my status card will be getting a workout

Can I borrow it when you are not using it?....:mrgreen::mrgreen:

pnbrock
11-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Well I guess the writings on the wall now !!!!

f350ps
11-15-2013, 08:00 PM
The way the farmland is gettin gobbled up the only thing you'll need BassPro for is lawnchairs and Speedo's. K

Kudu
11-15-2013, 09:10 PM
Well I guess the writings on the wall now !!!!

What does the writing say little troll?

Welcome to Bass pro shop? :mrgreen:

f350ps
11-15-2013, 09:20 PM
What does the writing say little troll?

Welcome to Bass pro shop? :mrgreen:
Careful what you wish for! K