PDA

View Full Version : Instructional DVD Newbie Club

tinpusher
11-02-2013, 09:54 PM
After my first season hunting I am just now understanding how little I know. I watch shows on Wild TV but they are not very helpful, it's like watching NASCAR to learn to drive. There are lots of instructional DVDs available but at $25-$50 each I can only afford a few. I'm thinking it would be great to get together a group of newbies and everyone buy one DVD. You could post here which DVD you have to help avoid buying duplicates. We can swap them around through the mail or by hand. If your interested or have a better idea post here or PM me.

tinpusher
11-02-2013, 09:59 PM
To start things off I've got "Mastering the Art-Guide to Calling Elk" by Primos (60 minutes)

BiG Boar
11-03-2013, 12:25 AM
There's a lot of videos on how to use a certain product. But I have yet to see how to hunt the actual animals. The problem would be is there is just so many different types of terrain to hunt given animal in, and therefore no one style will work all the time. Not to mention different times of the year and life cycles of the animals. 1 how to book for all of BC would be great but that book would take a lifetime to write properly.

Fella
11-03-2013, 01:01 AM
I find that with hunting you can read all the books and watch all the videos you want but nothing can ever beat experience. Big boar is right, there are very few "one method fits all" even amongst the same species.

fyffer
11-03-2013, 04:33 PM
get in the woods and start learning. I have never hunted till this year and i have been lucky to have a great guy show me around but that was not till this fall. In the spring i did lots of research and hiked lots and got two bears because of it. Ever time i go out i learn a new thing from reading prints to how to walk with making less sound. Things like that. Best part it is alot more fun learning in the woods then a book.