PDA

View Full Version : Alpine hunting in November

stosto
11-02-2013, 03:19 PM
I have never been to the alpine in November. In terms of animal presence (deer), snow and access, what should i expect to when hunting alpine in interior BC in November? Are the deer moving into lower elevations or does this generally take place in December?

Thanks for you input. cheers

MattB
11-02-2013, 04:40 PM
It really depends on snow. If you don't have any snow at lower elevations then deer may still be up high. I've hunted the alpine for muleys in mid-november and had good action right at tree line. This was in the drier southern interior region. If you head into some of the wetter areas that typically see a lot more snow (clearwater, west kootenays, etc) then you would be less likely to see deer up higher.

mark
11-02-2013, 05:32 PM
It really depends on snow. If you don't have any snow at lower elevations then deer may still be up high. I've hunted the alpine for muleys in mid-november and had good action right at tree line. This was in the drier southern interior region. If you head into some of the wetter areas that typically see a lot more snow (clearwater, west kootenays, etc) then you would be less likely to see deer up higher.

X 2, what he said. Last year i was hunting in december between 5000 & 6000' in 18" of snow and was seeing lots of deer of all age class still up there. Tough hunting, but little to no competition.