PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Regulation Changes for Region 7B

2chodi
10-30-2013, 01:04 PM
It appears that the public engagement site (http://a100.gov.bc.ca/pub/ahte/hunting) for comments on regulations changes is in the process of being updated and does not include changes that are being proposed around the province.

There are four changes proposed for Region 7B (Peace/Liard). The following wording is not exact, but you should get the gist.

Add shared hunts to the plains bison L.E.H.
A limited L.E.H. season for the Etthithun (Fontas) wood bison.
Remove the elevation restriction and bag limit for wolves.
Increased L.E.H. for mountain goats in the South Peace based on recent surveys resulting in an expanded range of authorization.

Representatives from the Fort St. John wildlife branch will be at the November meeting of the North Peace Rod and Gun Club (http://nprg.ca) to discuss these proposed changes and other wildlife related topics. (Nov 25 - 7 PM)

Glenny
10-30-2013, 01:12 PM
It appears that the public engagement site (http://a100.gov.bc.ca/pub/ahte/hunting) for comments on regulations changes is in the process of being updated and does not include changes that are being proposed around the province.

There are four changes proposed for Region 7B (Peace/Liard). The following wording is not exact, but you should get the gist.

Add shared hunts to the plains bison L.E.H.
A limited L.E.H. season for the Etthithun (Fontas) wood bison.
Remove the elevation restriction and bag limit for wolves.
Increased L.E.H. for mountain goats in the South Peace based on recent surveys resulting in an expanded range of authorization.

Representatives from the Fort St. John wildlife branch will be at the November meeting of the North Peace Rod and Gun Club (http://nprg.ca) to discuss these proposed changes and other wildlife related topics. (Nov 25 - 7 PM)

And restrict all access roads to above. I know kinda cynical huh.

Gateholio
10-30-2013, 01:43 PM
Shared bison LEH is way overdue

yama49
10-30-2013, 03:41 PM
I would like to GO season on the bison, i think its over due.

Bear Chaser
10-30-2013, 04:36 PM
X2.

They don't belong in sheep habitat.

I would like to GO season on the bison, i think its over due.

Cordillera
10-30-2013, 09:16 PM
Based on my understanding of the area these are all positive and defensible. The shared hunt for bison totally makes sense. Who would hunt bison solo?

40incher
10-30-2013, 09:34 PM
Make it GOS ... they are an invasive species negatively affecting our sheep, elk, moose ... '''. No brainer it seems.

Shared hunts are just a cash cow for the gov't ...

Let's have some actual "wildlife management" for a change!!

Iltasyuko
10-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Not that I don't see where you are coming from wanting a bison GOS, but what a gong show that would be on day 1.

Ambush
10-31-2013, 06:36 AM
Not that I don't see where you are coming from wanting a bison GOS, but what a gong show that would be on day 1.

Or just significantly increase the LEH. Have a series of two week seasons starting in August and ending in February. Two hunters per tag.

boxhitch
10-31-2013, 07:23 AM
Should be gos on the wood bison too
Gov't spends milliions on keeping the BC-Yukon highway right-of-way cleared of vegetation growth for increased driver safety , yet does nothing about the hairy pollutants roaming around
Its going to be a court case to get things changed , too late for someones family.

sako_300
10-31-2013, 11:06 AM
it is GOS - just not for the majority population. I've heard that the minority have done their fair share of culling the herd this year.

We should all be happy...

curt
10-31-2013, 11:23 AM
yes they have I'm actually quite suprised at the negative reaction to a lot of guys here I like the fact we have wild bison roaming again they deserve to be here as they once were. Millions once roamed the plains yet the other species still managed to survive so I really dont see the issue. I'd like to see them transplant smaller herds all over if its possible just like they do with elk I'm no biologist but Im sure it can be done.

it is GOS - just not for the majority population. I've heard that the minority have done their fair share of culling the herd this year.

We should all be happy...

ru rancher
10-31-2013, 11:32 AM
^^ I think this is a good idea too there used to be bison roming there so why not increase the heard sizes then there will be more leh areas and more people would get to hunt for them and get tons of meat for there familys