PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to hunt wolves ?

HARDICAT
10-29-2013, 07:41 PM
Never been too interested to hunt them but they have been running around every camp we have set up this fall . You would have to be a fool to not see this if you spend any time in the bush. So what do we do Ambush? I got some great ideas after I heard of the boys in Pemberton having a run in with them. Too bad I didn't know that when I was up there last week!

squamishhunter
10-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Cover yourself in rabbit piss and use a scream call. Wait. Pretty simple.

M.Dean
10-29-2013, 10:08 PM
From the Air, with a Apache Chopper, loaded to the 9's with every weapon they can lift off with! Then, when they run low on Ammo, call in the A-10 Wart Hog! Beats trying to snare them!

Bugle M In
10-29-2013, 11:09 PM
From the Air, with a Apache Chopper, loaded to the 9's with every weapon they can lift off with! Then, when they run low on Ammo, call in the A-10 Wart Hog! Beats trying to snare them!

And here I was thinking an ak47 would be fun....
do ya think the wart-hog would keep things "sporting"???!!!

The Dawg
10-29-2013, 11:13 PM
www.wolftracker.ca

300rum700
10-30-2013, 06:31 AM
Bait, bait and more bait

BiG Boar
10-30-2013, 06:59 AM
bait, calling, and a lot of luck. Helps to be in the right area too.

Chaos
10-30-2013, 08:31 AM
With a steady hand.

takla1
10-30-2013, 08:42 AM
Indians that I knew who lived up north near ft nelson used to kill a caribou and string it up high off the ground with the bottom legs about 5 ft of the ground with the head up and leave it there along the river bank.They don't like the packs of wolves either as they decimate the game in their hunting grounds.I hiked in along the river one fall to have a look and the river flat was full of wolf tracks and there was a pile of carcasses there.theyd also get there grizzly bears that way

swampthing
10-30-2013, 05:23 PM
I knew a guy who bought a small dog for hunting wolves. He would find fresh wolf sign, tie the little dog to a tree and hide in a good vantage spot. The little dog would start to kiyi and attract the wolves if they were close enough to hear it. He named the dog "bait".

proguide66
10-30-2013, 05:31 PM
I posted this before and it got deleted - but what the hell - IF you get a chance at a wolf and want to do some 'damage' , break its hips...the noise from it will bring in the rest of the pack back in the open non stop for more shots....EVERY time.

pescado
10-30-2013, 06:55 PM
I posted this before and it got deleted - but what the hell - IF you get a chance at a wolf and want to do some 'damage' , break its hips...the noise from it will bring in the rest of the pack back in the open non stop for more shots....EVERY time.

Like it......will try.....

grizzlydueck
10-31-2013, 12:44 AM
I second the warthog ..... But I would do it over a big bait! If you guys don't know what the warthog is check YouTube and guaranteed it will make you smile ! But for now ill just get remote, call and snipe!

Lillypuff
10-31-2013, 06:54 AM
Buddy from the Yukon would chop a tree down put it in the middle of a frozen lake and sooner or later they would come to mark the tree. When they did this the boys would start their sleds and the chase was on. Sometimes the wolves ran into the sleds and others would get shot

Hammerhead
10-31-2013, 07:37 AM
I knew a guy who bought a small dog for hunting wolves. He would find fresh wolf sign, tie the little dog to a tree and hide in a good vantage spot. The little dog would start to kiyi and attract the wolves if they were close enough to hear it. He named the dog "bait".

There's a neighbours dog I wouldn't mind trying that with. I might just forget that he was tied to a tree though

6 K
10-31-2013, 10:20 PM

I'm in
I couldn't believe the number of tracks I saw while moose hunting this fall

6 K
10-31-2013, 10:22 PM
There's a neighbours dog I wouldn't mind trying that with. I might just forget that he was tied to a tree though
No NO tie it to the tree just don't shoot till after lunch
Oh and take my neighbours dog too

Looking_4_Jerky
11-01-2013, 09:50 PM

Lol! Love this one. I too have a few neighbors' dogs I'd love to "take hunting". Best suggestion I've heard all day!