PDA

View Full Version : good karma.... hopefully

rocksteady
10-29-2013, 06:34 PM
Will post the story tomorrow... Stay tuned...

davet
10-29-2013, 07:13 PM
sorry but why do this to us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

North Star
10-29-2013, 07:53 PM
1 karma point deducted for keeping us in suspense.

Paulyman
10-29-2013, 08:35 PM
That's too bad, I was going to give a case of beer to the first person that had a good Karma story by 8:30 tonight. :-)

bruce0580
10-29-2013, 08:48 PM
hows this for karma, I was on my way to work on a Thursday morning and noticed something on the road so I turned around and picked it up, it turned out to be some womans wallet and inside was 4 credit cards and her bank cards and about $450 cash. I picked it up and took it to the address on the drivers liscence and handed it all over to her in person and all she said was "wonder how that happened, thanks" and she turned and went into her house. so I thought no big deal its good karma I did the right thing because I was going on a four day hunting trip. on this trip we hunted hard and came up with nothing, I let 4 whitetail does walk away and didn't see anything else.

KARMA BLOWS

Iron Sighted
10-29-2013, 09:02 PM
hows this for karma, I was on my way to work on a Thursday morning and noticed something on the road so I turned around and picked it up, it turned out to be some womans wallet and inside was 4 credit cards and her bank cards and about $450 cash. I picked it up and took it to the address on the drivers liscence and handed it all over to her in person and all she said was "wonder how that happened, thanks" and she turned and went into her house. so I thought no big deal its good karma I did the right thing because I was going on a four day hunting trip. on this trip we hunted hard and came up with nothing, I let 4 whitetail does walk away and didn't see anything else.

KARMA BLOWS

Had a similar experience as a teen, found a wallet with $600+ in it and returned it because I felt bad as I assumed it was the guys(young kid like myself at the time) rent money as it was the last day of the month I.I.R.C. Anyway, all I got was a thanks(not that I expected a reward), but I don't remember any particularly good things coming my way shortly afterwards. Not sure I believe in karma, but I'm pretty certain that if I'd kept that money I'd likely have enjoyed it more than if I didn't, however I'm not like that and surely would have appreciated someone returning my rent money I had lost, especially as an 18 year old living on my own as I likely wouldn't have had the money to eat after having to scrape together rent money a second time.

BlacktailStalker
10-29-2013, 09:10 PM
Kind of a girly attn thing to do....

kyleklassen
10-29-2013, 09:11 PM
^^^^yup....

Ambush
10-29-2013, 09:16 PM
He can't type right now, his finger nails are drying.

landphil
10-29-2013, 09:34 PM
^^ Yup, and I would imagine its awefully hard to see the screen with mud all over your face and cucumbers on your eyes.

warnniklz
10-29-2013, 10:36 PM
why are you guys making fun of him?

He's not even reading this during his mud bath

Whonnock Boy
10-29-2013, 10:58 PM
shakes head......

Bugle M In
10-29-2013, 11:02 PM
don't really care what he posts tomorrow now, some of ya already got me laughing LOL

rocksteady
10-30-2013, 04:35 AM
Okay, here goes....

Was out yesterday looking at the proposed boundaries for a spring burn next year. Its about 1:00, sun is shining. Theres four of us discussing the plan, not trying to be quiet, as we are not hunting.

We are getting near the end of the loop road that acts as the boundary. I stop the truck, look at the map, look up the hill to the left, to get a reference point, turn back to the map.....

Hey, wait a minute, what was that??

Look back left... Muley buck bedded at about 100 or so looking at us but not moving.

So we keep figuring out the plan for the burn, buck stays bedded... After 20 minutes, I start texting friends, hunting buddies to see if anyone is closs and wants him.

No takers :(

rocksteady
10-30-2013, 04:48 AM
About 10 minutes later, the buck snaps his head to the right, gets all fidgety and stands up. A couple older gentlemen (late 70's) pull up in an older Ford Powerstroke.. (even deer can hear a diesel coming)...

So I asked them if they had a muley tag and wanted to shoot him.. They said yes to both.. I told them to grab their guns and follow me.. When the noisy diesel showed up, the buck got nervous and started to walk away over a little knoll, heading up the big open hillside.

I led the way for about 100 yards til we came over the little ridge and there was the buck... Broadside about 200 yards away, broadside fair steep angle.

So, the 2 gents finally get up to me, I pointed out where the buck was. One old timer took a rest against a burnt stump and lined up..... He said I can't see antlers, its a doe... No way, but we will check. I borrowed his buddies rifle, cranked the scope to 9 and looked at the deer.. No, its a buck....

The first hunter then used his partners scope to confirm it was indeed a buck. They switched back rifles and he took a rest against the stump again.

rocksteady
10-30-2013, 05:05 AM
As you can tell, this took a few minutes and the deer was not feeling too comfy with these three objects milling around near where he used to be bedded.. He started to slowly head uphill further, giving nothing but a THS to the hunter.. I waited for the buck to pick his line and then yelled at him... He stopped, turned broadside and looked down at us..

The shooter was ready and calm, touched the trigger..

Boom! Buck jumped, definite hit... Started to climb further uphill right, turned left, tried to go uphill, all of a sudden he stops, goes stiff legged, goes over backwards and rolls down the hill fifty yards..

High 5's and then the walk up...

Took longer than expected, as both gents were older and not in the greatest physical shape...

Anyways, get up to the buck, roll him over, purty 3 point with brows...

The shooter is ecstatic, biggest deer he has ever shot. Big body too...

The 2 gents started to drag the deer downhill whole with guts in, pretty good load for a couple of seniors... They made it about 50 yards or so and were pooped.. My work partner and I took over and made it down to the truck quickly and easily... Got the deer onto the grassy landing, where he could back up his truck. He has a winch mounted in the bed, so no need for us to help any more.

Took a bunch of cell picks , shook their hands and we were on our way.

Felt good to assist a fellow hunter, an appreciative senior, and maybe a newly formed friendship.

I will post a picture later on this morning. I have trouble using photobucket on my phone...

rocksteady
10-30-2013, 07:51 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/rocksteadyrifle/paint_zpsbd1ea77a.jpg (http://s31.photobucket.com/user/rocksteadyrifle/media/paint_zpsbd1ea77a.jpg.html)

Stone Sheep Steve
10-30-2013, 07:58 AM
Very cool, RS!!

That's a great day at the office!!

Well done.

SSS

Mikey Rafiki
10-30-2013, 07:58 AM
Right on!

That place looks familiar... might have been up there on the weekend. Great job helping those fellers out.

RINO
10-30-2013, 08:09 AM
As you can tell, this took a few minutes

Seems to of taken way less time than this saga that started yesterday ...:mrgreen:

Hammerhead
10-30-2013, 08:19 AM
Good on you for helping out a couple of senior hunters and all the better that they appreciated it. There's too many people out there today that forget to even say thanks.
HH

ydouask
10-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Good for you Rockseteady.

Lillypuff
10-30-2013, 08:58 AM
Earl would be proud

gamehunter6o
10-30-2013, 11:11 AM
That story was worth waiting for. Thanks, RS.

North49
10-30-2013, 11:17 AM
This thread is bad karma by luring us in and then BAM! you gotta wait......just sayin'

bushpig slayer
10-30-2013, 11:28 AM
good for you thats what hunting is all about helping others accomplish their dream and making great memories for everyone ,definite karma from the hunting gods great story!

Jagermeister
10-30-2013, 11:29 AM
Heyzues, why did you give him a nose bleed?

That was damm nice of you Rocksteady, your karma is the good feeling that you got from the moment.

landphil
10-30-2013, 06:57 PM
Hey, good stuff! Thats a decent looking three point for sure, nicely done. And another point for taking the razzing in stride.:-D

Everett
10-30-2013, 07:13 PM
That was worth the wait great story you do deserve some good Karma for that.

Caveman
10-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Well done!!

coach
10-31-2013, 02:52 PM
Great stuff, RS! You definitely deserve some good karma.

10-31-2013, 04:11 PM
Nice work Rock!
im sure it feels good to help an "OG" hunter get his biggest buck!

kennyj
10-31-2013, 04:36 PM
Way to go! You made a couple of guys very happy.
kenny

jetboat jim
10-31-2013, 05:23 PM
those fellas will be talking about for years to come , good on ya ....
i always try to help other fishermen/hunters

oldkoot
10-31-2013, 05:53 PM
Karma already showing up . Big spread featuring " Rocksteady " in tonights paper, large and in charge. Burn baby burn .

300H&H
10-31-2013, 08:17 PM
he can't type right now, his finger nails are drying.

bazinga !!!