PDA

View Full Version : Regulation question

blindman
10-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Is is legal for a hunter to have two loaded shotguns in a blind if they are both only capable of holding three shells. Easier than doing the shell shuffle if a goose shows up.

blindman
10-28-2013, 11:58 AM
Just got a return call from the conservation office and on page 16 of the hunting regulations, there is an answer. Under notes, figure 5, "Must not use more than one shotgun while hunting migratory birds unless each shotgun in excess of one is disassembled or unloaded and encased. Sure missed that when looking for my answer!:confused: Just trying to stay legal.

hare_assassin
10-28-2013, 12:00 PM
You missed that? You must be blind!

:D

lorneparker1
10-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Is is legal for a hunter to have two loaded shotguns in a blind if they are both only capable of holding three shells. Easier than doing the shell shuffle if a goose shows up.

No, unless its unloaded. it sure would be nice though!

edit. just noticed the posts above me!

blindman
10-28-2013, 01:54 PM
No, unless its unloaded. it sure would be nice though!

edit. just noticed the posts above me!

It's legal in the states is why I checked prior to doing it. I'll just have to keep dropping duck loads in the water as I try to get some appropriate shells in place when I hear a honking goose heading my way. If I remember, and my memory is failing also, all the geese I've downed while hunting ducks have been taken with my #2 or #3 steel loads.

BiG Boar
10-28-2013, 01:57 PM
So, theres no dual wielding?

blindman
10-28-2013, 01:58 PM
You missed that? You must be blind!

:D

I'm getting pretty deaf too!! Maybe for a log-in name, I should swith to "Deaf Duck." Getting old is really exciting. :mrgreen:

blindman
10-28-2013, 02:00 PM
So, theres no dual wielding?

Nope. And I'm getting wary in regard to putting out two Robos.

lorneparker1
10-28-2013, 03:34 PM
don't use 2 robos, use 5