PDA

View Full Version : Hunting up Glenrosa

BigGameJay
10-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Hey forum,

I went up for a drive the other day up Glenrosa and all I passed was signs saying no shooting 8-8, 8-11. Did I need to go up higher on Glenrosa to get to an area I was able to hunt at or are you unable to hunt up in Glenrosa?

New to the hunting scene in BC. Might try Big White next week as I live near Black Mountain. Any tips would be great thanks forum.

Jay

dakoda62
10-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Didnt go far enough. Lots of mulies up that way

Lillypuff
10-26-2013, 07:09 PM
try 3 forks, goudie, mcullogh lake much closer. I do hunt mules on that side of the lake and hit up bear creek and peachland have never gone up glenrosa

BigGameJay
10-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Didnt go far enough. Lots of mulies up that way

How much further do I have to go up Glenrosa? I turned right on a dirt road where a bunch of people were having a bon-fire

Mishka
10-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Just keep going, there's a whole world back there. Pick up a backroads book.

Big Lew
10-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Just keep going, there's a whole world back there. Pick up a backroads book.

x2.....get a recent 'backroads mapbook'.....you can get lost in there on the many roads and spurs, and you can run out of gas before finding your way out if you're not careful. Using a good gps unit that gives your lats & longs in coordination with the mapbook will also help.

crazyhunter
10-26-2013, 08:27 PM
know that area not bad, if you take the right road you end up on bear creek main, lots of area to hunt up there

luckofthedraw
10-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Lots to explore back there, Just watch the Crystal Mountain ski resort boundary.

Wrayzer
10-27-2013, 07:08 AM
Keep going up the hill past the ski resort and keep on trucking, don't forget a moose tag. No shortage up there.

BigGameJay
10-27-2013, 07:36 PM
I just tried to go past the Ski Resort but they had the road blocked off, but I did go down. Last Mountain Rd. I went to 8km in but it was getting dark and not familiar with the location. How many km's should or do I need to go in?

300H&H
10-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Keep going up the hill past the ski resort and keep on trucking, don't forget a moose tag. No shortage up there.

Its been a while since I've been there. I did not know there was a gate.

GoatGuy
10-27-2013, 08:08 PM
If you live in Black Mountain just head up HWY 33. Goudie, Philpott, Three Forks, Greystokes, Big White Road, 201 are all within ~20 min of Black Mountain and there are a pile of FSRs past there as well.

HarryToolips
10-27-2013, 08:41 PM
If ya wanna go around a see nothing come up to this area, way too many hunters and guys cuttin firewood etc..not a bad area to see deer when the snow's deep but don't waste ur time comin up durin huntin season, if ya don't believe me cmon up...myself and many others have never seen deer numbers up here so low..

goatdancer
10-28-2013, 09:07 AM
I just tried to go past the Ski Resort but they had the road blocked off, but I did go down. Last Mountain Rd. I went to 8km in but it was getting dark and not familiar with the location. How many km's should or do I need to go in?

You must have been headed into the ski resort area. I haven't seen any gates anywhere else.

Mishka
10-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Turn onto the road where you saw the people with the bonfire, before the ski resort. - It's a mess right at that corner from the bush parties. That road will take you where ever you want to go. I strongly suggest you get a map though.