PDA

View Full Version : Driving and hunting greenstone mountain

wayneec
10-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Just wondering if I can drive and hunt greenstone mountain and if there is a good population of deer and moose I have never hunted it before I have to road hunt as I have my 4 year old son so I can't walk and hike all over or is there spots I can drive to and sit and glass with him He wants to go so bad and loves hunting with me we have hunted lots but haven't seen a lot of deer or moose I just want to get a buck with him this year any info would help a lot thanks guys

swampdonkey
10-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Yes there is certain areas you can drive up there . Right now you have to use your signals on your truck to make a turn . It is a gong show up here right now with all the traffic . There are better areas around then this right now with less pressure . Where are you coming from . Good luck

Knute
10-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Map C3 of the region 3 regs shows the "hunting from motor vehicles closed area."

wayneec
10-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Ya I was looking at the regs look like I can just drive up the main road other than that need to walk is there a good number of animals in this area or would it be better up towards dairy lakes just want to get something with him looking for whitetail buck or doe mule deer or moose thanks guys I live out in Rayleigh I have tried up by knouff lake Paul and pinantan lake all over this side and nothing going to go out tomorrow morning if you have any suggestions

Caveman
10-26-2013, 05:04 PM
Ever consider driving from Batchleor to Red Lake , down to Tranquille, or right out to Savona? Lots of areas yo stop and glass. God number of roads and deer up there