PDA

View Full Version : game cameras

holfeldian
10-25-2013, 02:13 PM
hey guys looking for an affordable game camera... Just wondering what people have used and what works for them... I could care less about getting video at this point, but want something that will work for a long time and would like to spend under 200 on it.

Ron.C
10-25-2013, 02:53 PM
I have a few Moultrie M80's, all are a couple years old. Have no complaints. Best quality is the long battery life. When using AA Lithiums, will last all year +. Can get similar cameras for under $140

recoil
10-25-2013, 03:13 PM
I bought a Moultrie couple years ago i believe it was also the M80, paid about $100 for it on sale. It sucked. Took decent pictures day and night but i had it out in the field for maybe 20 weeks total in a couple different spots. The battery case leaked water and the springs and metal components rusted to the point where it would no longer work. Perhaps siliconing it watertight and using an external battery source may solve this problem but i will personally not be buying another Moultrie as i was hoping it would stand up a bit better to the elements.

BuckNaked
10-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Try Ebay, i found a 3.0mp IR one for 35 bucks plus 15 shipping. I noticed that Canadian Tire also has an IR one for sale. For $100 it doesnt get much better.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5/SportsRec/1/Hunting/GameCameras/PRDOVR~0753058P/Wildview+Cam+TEK+24+6MP+Game+Camera.jsp?locale=en

Cam TEK 24 Game Camera is a 6MP game camera that has a faster trigger speed (average of .75 seconds) and longer battery life
24 infrared emitters
30' (9.14 m) range
Features included: ZX7 processor; HD video; hybrid time lapse mode and burst mode image settings; time/date and phase stamps on each image Phase Stamps On Each Image
Up to 32GB memory card
Combo also contains 8 "AA" Batteries and a 2GB memory card

Sitkaspruce
10-25-2013, 09:05 PM
A buddy has the one listed above....to put it simplely, it sucks, 50 lbs of grain gone, 19 picts of one deer and a yote for 2 weeks. Took it back to CT, they gave him his $$ back.

Cabelas has their Spypoint on $119 I believe, cannot go wrong with that one, Canadian company to boot.

Also, look for the Bushnell 119436CN, you can find the for around &160-$180, plus Bushnell has a $50 mail in rebate for any Bushnell Trail Cam. The 119436 with the rebate abd 2 year warranty is an excellent deal. Or you go with the Simmons and they have a $20 rebate plus 2 year warranty. Both take good pictures.

Do a search on here, lots of good info and go to www.chasingame.com (http://www.chasingame.com), tons of info there, including the exact question you asked.

Cheers

SS

BuckNaked
10-25-2013, 09:21 PM
That sucks!

Must be one fat deer tho, could probably run him down, catch him leaning up against a tree trying to get his wind back!