PDA

View Full Version : bushnell elite binos and spotting scope

scuba
01-29-2007, 06:16 PM
i have been looking into buying some new optics for next season, and was wondering if anyone owns any bushnell elite binoculars and/or spotting scopes? just curious how they are for mountain hunting. ( sheep, goat, grizz etc.)

Hank Hunter
01-29-2007, 06:20 PM
I have Bushnell Legend 10x42. Very nice binos

Gateholio
01-29-2007, 07:08 PM
The elite binos are very good, just a whisker under the Euro binos.

The Elite spotitng scopes are good, but not int he same class as the Euro ones. I'd get the bigger one if you are doing lots of glassing.

Hunter4life
01-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Got a bushnell elite spotter last season and it has been very impressive. It has saved me a lot of hiking . Its clear, bright and compact what more do you need. For deer you can count points a couple km away. I don't see it getting upgraded anytime soon. I highly recommend it if you don't want to spend the money on a swarovski.

h4l

01-29-2007, 07:51 PM
l own a bausch & lomb elite spotter (now Bushnell) and l agree with hunterforlife, they are good value and quality for your dollar. I've had a chance to look through more expensive glass and the difference doesn't justify the cost of up grading for the little l would gain in clarity.

RiverOtter
01-29-2007, 08:56 PM
I own the 15-45 Elite spotter and for the backpack hunting I do is fairly decent. It is not the quality of the euro spotters, but at a fraction of the weight can justify being carried into the mountains. During the heat of the day, I find all spotters are limited, so it boils down to how much weight your willing to pack and how much your going to use it.

Have not looked through the elite binos, but judging from there cost, they had better be darn good. I am looking seriously at the Minox's for a bang for buck bino.

RO

BCLongshot
01-29-2007, 08:59 PM
I think I'm going to buy the Bushnell Elite Compact.

MattB
01-29-2007, 09:10 PM
I have a 15-45 bausch and lomb elite in PG if you want to take a look through it. I would even sell it to ya cheap....i havent had any problems with it, but bought a zeiss 20-60x85. Send me a pm if interested at all.

Mr. Dean
01-29-2007, 09:17 PM
I have a 15-45 bausch and lomb elite in PG if you want to take a look through it. I would even sell it to ya cheap....i havent had any problems with it, but bought a zeiss 20-60x85. Send me a pm if interested at all.

MattB;
Im interested if he isn't.
PM me the details, if you're serious.

Mr. Dean
01-29-2007, 09:30 PM
I have Bushnell Legend 10x42. Very nice binos

Ditto. VERY nice.

browningboy
01-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Two of my scopes are bausch and laumb and just bought binos two years ago that are bausch and laumb as well, were pricey, but is there no longer baush and laumb, just bushnell?? I just thought bushnell was a cheaper version, or did one buy the other out??:confused:

Hunter4life
01-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Two of my scopes are bausch and laumb and just bought binos two years ago that are bausch and laumb as well, were pricey, but is there no longer baush and laumb, just bushnell?? I just thought bushnell was a cheaper version, or did one buy the other out??:confused:

I read that bausch and laumb was a way for bushnell to market there higher end products. They knew that people associated bushnell with low end so they put a different name on the elite optics. But in 2003 it ended and now everything is labeled bushnell. Dont know if thats true but it sounds good.

h4l

tuchodi
01-30-2007, 12:20 AM
I have the Bausch & Lomb Elite bino's and the 4200 rifle scope. Both have been real good now for more than 8 years. My friend has their spotting scope and I have hunted with it a couple times and was impressed. I believe all the optics are now just Bushnell. You cant go wrong with these and they are less than some of the euro's and very little differance if any.

Husky7mm
01-30-2007, 02:31 PM
I have legend 10x binos(elites are even higher end).They WERE great until they BROKE.The eye cup pulls completely out on one side.5mths after i sent them they declined warranting the repair, said it was abuse(FU bushnell)The repair is 80% of the cost of new and 110% the cost of them on E-bay, which i dont like buying from. Anyways...keep warranty in mind on you investment because if something happens to your optics that has "lifetime" coverage and they dont get fixed then thier just ass wipe.
I would look elsewhere.