PDA

View Full Version : 5000 RD North of Cache Creek

HeadingOutside
10-24-2013, 10:34 PM
Driving through the area today and saw the turnoff, anyone know anything about it? It's roughly 15 mins north of Cache Creek (HWY97) on the right! Long shot but I thought i'd ask! Oh, looking for muleys by the way
Thanks,
Devon

davet
10-25-2013, 04:57 PM
scottie creek rd. heard its kinda rough up higher. Must be some decent spots to find some bucks

white moose
10-26-2013, 07:26 AM
Its worth going up there in Nov, when there is less pressure. Some big bucks come out of there every year. Further up the highway, past 20 mile, there is a road off to your right by an old rest area. This can be productive and you can end up around Clinton.

*bcgold*
10-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Drive to the top you'll see a landing area. If you have quad you drive from there for about 10 to15 minutes park. Nice wooded where you can see easy inside long way, great benches you sit. Timing of big bucks is the only problem, lots does hanging around waiting.

russm
10-26-2013, 10:47 AM
It does get pretty rough up higher going to be up there tomorrow to check things out

Davey Crockett
10-26-2013, 11:04 AM
I have a deer tied to a tree for you. Would that help?

Seriously though, a good part of the fun and satisfaction of hunting is finding good spots yourself. I recommend going for a drive and watching for sign and then go for a walk.

Jelvis
10-26-2013, 01:21 PM
The Scottie Creek road is known for it's good hunting, especially this time of year and later, mule deer and moose.
I found out about it years ago from CO who hunts up there with his buddies.
Mentioned it was awesome hunting, plus some hunters in Kamloops love Scottie Creek and go up there every year. Some long tined muley bucks are taken each season.
Plus the moose are not bad either.
Go towards the top and span out, Bing, Bang BOOM!
Jel .. Lots of room .. and bucks oh my what? Over there over here oh my deer. MU 3-30 just north of Cache Creek about 17.5 km on the Hwy 97 turn east into hog heaven

ruger#1
10-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Jel, It used to be good up there. The last 10 years it has been going down hill. There are other places close by that are better, But I will not mention them.

Jelvis
10-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Or if you want another dandy spot close by, stay on Hwy 97 and go past Scottie Creek road and the next turn right is a goody goes into Loon Lake.
But I would try the road (just above) Clinton, the Bonaparte River Road, runs back into and thru some nice deer and moose hunting country or I'm Garth Brooks.
Jelly Arm Strong .. In MU 3-30 --- Scottie, Loon and the Bonaparte River Road
What's holding you bock? -- Arnold wants to know.

ruger#1
10-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Jel. Your missing the Chilly Wack parade.

HeadingOutside
10-26-2013, 03:35 PM
It does get pretty rough up higher going to be up there tomorrow to check things out
So will I! A red jeep cherokee with a spare tire on the roof. If you see us come and say hello!
Thanks, I am beginning to realize that the "asking where the hunting is good" is sorta futile. No problem, go get some first hand experience.
Thanks for the responses guys
Devon

Jelvis
10-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Don't feel bad about knowing very little about good hunting areas.
Or about deer
Deer are greyish brown and have four legs that they stand on
deer are three feet high at the shoulder
deer bounce like kangeroos when scared
deer are up Scottie Creek road
deer are everywhere in BC
Drive vehicle up the road away from the hwy
Drive til your butt is sore
Get out stretch, yawn
then lock vehicle up and walk away from it
jel
p.s. don't forget to take your gun and shells along