PDA

View Full Version : The Club truck security

Bvdh1979
10-23-2013, 09:51 AM
We are heading to region 57 B and looking to leave a truck in the bush for the day and take the quads, just wondering how people feel about truck security, do we need a 'club' to keep the truck safe? Have many people had problems with truck break ins or theft? I always feel like I can trust people in hunting areas...opinions?

2chodi
10-23-2013, 10:12 AM
I assume you mean 7B. I guess a "club" is never a bad idea, but in 30 plus years, I have only heard of a few incidents. The only problem I ever had was when a bunch of rogue horses left lip prints and teeth marks on my brand new truck — they were after the road salt I picked up when travelling up the Alaska Highway.

Bvdh1979
10-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Yah region 7 zone 7-57, 7-42

2chodi
10-23-2013, 10:45 AM
There have been a few stories of vandalism of vehicles left parked near the old Lynn Ross ranch.

Bowzone_Mikey
10-23-2013, 10:53 AM
A club is not gonna stop vandalism ... it will slow down theft ... that is all ... if a truck is deep in the woods and a theaf has time he will get around the club one way or another .... if its just vandalism and smash and grab ... a club wont do a thing about it

Confused
10-23-2013, 11:59 AM
A club is not gonna stop vandalism ... it will slow down theft ... that is all ... if a truck is deep in the woods and a theaf has time he will get around the club one way or another .... if its just vandalism and smash and grab ... a club wont do a thing about it

It takes about 4 seconds to get a club off if you know what you are doing, a little longer if you don't. But as has been mentioned, I would be more worried about vandalism opposed to getting the truck stolen. All depends on location and proximity to certain 'communities".

squamishhunter
10-23-2013, 12:36 PM
I always leave a couple empty 7mm mag (or whatever your biggest shells are) blantantly laying around the outside, hood, etc....

which, for the record, worked for me in the past (watched 2 guys come check out my camp and leave instantly)