PDA

View Full Version : Logan lake/Face lake/Mile high resort

mulerider
10-23-2013, 08:25 AM
First time hunting in this area. Will be there on the 28th. We have a moose tag. Any pointers would be appreciated. I will gladly trade tips for Island hunting.

Thanks.

BigfishCanada
10-23-2013, 08:53 AM
Do any of you know the area? Lots of moose but you need to know specifically where they are, you could drive all day and not see one , but passing a swamp 200 yards off a road had them holding. Where are you staying? And what region 3-19?

sarg
10-23-2013, 04:05 PM
I've heard of moose coming out of Tunkwa lake same with whitetails :) check out there Web site.

TexasWalker
10-23-2013, 04:22 PM
I've heard of moose coming out of Tunkwa lake same with whitetails :) check out there Web site.

Yeah if you like hunting with 500 hundred other guys on quads all day!!

bandit
10-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Yeah pretty busy around tunkwa last week and not many deer / moose coming out of it. We stayed over by face lake much less pressure there. Saw two moose gut piles but beware of sharps on the road. I got a flat as did basically everyone else I spoke to in the face lake area.

swampdonkey
10-23-2013, 06:16 PM
It's the new whipsaw up there or empire.

RoscoeP
10-23-2013, 06:34 PM
I was there last week and also had a flat, cost me almost a day and a half with the tire change, repair trip to Logan Lake then trip to Kamloops the next day to buy 4 new tires and over $1000. Make sure you have good tires and if you have not changed one on your truck yet read the jacking instructions now and find the jack points on it now, much easier than in the dark with flashlight. Nice area though, good luck. Cheers Roscoe

cfree
10-23-2013, 06:46 PM
I was up there 2 weeks ago and saw 2 spiked moose 5 days before the season opened. Finally got back there last weekend and didn't see any moose. I did hear of a few being taken. I was up in the hills when I saw the moose. I will be back again this weekend. Lots of Mule deer does but only saw one 2 point buck. A few white tails but no clean shot. Beautiful weather and no fog!

mulerider
10-24-2013, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the tips. I wonder if the tire shop has anything to do with all the flats?