PDA

View Full Version : Otter Lake

Hellfish Hunter
10-22-2013, 09:00 PM
I will be heading to Otter Lake lodge tomorrow for a Father/Son Hunting trip. Actually there will be 26 of us there. Most will be fishing, 6 of us will be hunting? Just looking for any advise as to where to go. Scouted lawless and all it's spurs earlier this year. Saw some deer mostly does, I would love to get a deer with my son, it would be our first.

Any advised would be greatly appriciated

Cheers Hellfish

Steeleco
10-22-2013, 09:32 PM
There's plenty of good hunting to be had east and west of the lake itself. A BC back country map book is your best bet, that and a good sense of direction!!

Cookie1965
10-22-2013, 09:36 PM
That place doesn't sleep 26 people does it? Holy crap, I knew it looked big but damn! Lots of deer in the area but the FSRs all get pretty heavy traffic, if you already know your way around Lawless that's as good a starting point as any. Lots of cuts to start walking in.

Hellfish Hunter
10-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Thanks, yes there is 2 lodges, we managed to get the costs all in food, beer, lodgings and any meat processing for $300/person. Not to bad, that includes prizes for first buck, largest fish etc.

thanks again for the help.

Taurusguy
10-23-2013, 08:40 AM
When I was in that area I seen some deer around that chain of lakes just north of otter lake. Was out of season mind you but they were there. To find these lakes head north towards #5 and turn right over the small bridge that goes across the big stream just before otter lake rd lines up with #5. You can access that area also from #5 at a ranch turn off. The otter lake side is harder access and may req 4x4. Just don't be shooting too close to the rec sites.

Brizz
10-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Like Taurusguy said - Pike Mountain is a decent area for mulies... tons on traffic though.