PDA

View Full Version : Moose in Boston Bar area

Junmity
10-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Anyone ever lucky enough to take spike fork from this area?

I recently got back from a trip to omineca and there was plenty and we were fortunate! But it was a heck of a long drive from Richmond.....

Last week I took my son up to 3-12 by Rat / Ellen Lake and within 5 minutes of the hunt, a cow moose jumps onto the road!!

Really got me thinking how close to richmond one could possibly get a moose?

xtrail
10-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Did you see a bull in 3-12? See any deer? I've been up around Boston Bar and when I was there, somebody hunting the area did see a bull moose and there is lots of moose sign there.

Big Lew
10-21-2013, 10:09 PM
I've seen mature bull moose along the Alexander River up high near the far end.

Steeleco
10-21-2013, 10:14 PM
I know a guy here saw a moose up above Caroline mines and my buddy saw a bull swim the width of Chilliwack lake some years back. I spoke to guys fishing the Skagit and have seen moose in the river.

They're close, just not plentiful.

Sleep Robber
10-21-2013, 10:18 PM
There was a moose running around in Langley not too long ago, they seem to be getting closer all the time.

REMINGTON JIM
10-21-2013, 10:20 PM
There was a moose running around in Langley not too long ago, they seem to be getting closer all the time.

YUP the Wolves have chased them from the Cariboo to the LML now ! :twisted: RJ

Junmity
10-21-2013, 10:26 PM
Ya there was a bull above rat lake same day, last Friday

caddisguy
10-22-2013, 06:49 AM
YUP the Wolves have chased them from the Cariboo to the LML now ! :twisted: RJ

Saw a wolf in Langley near the 56th and the bypass Spring 2012. Never seen any moose or sign out this way.

I've been to Boston Bar a couple of times... never saw any sign, but I imagine there is moose in there, especially if you drive over the summit.

As for closer, there has been at least one moose sighting in the Skagit that I know of. I have fished that river most weekends mid July to late September most weekends for 15 years and have never seen a sign.. maybe later in the fall or winter.