PDA

View Full Version : Lumby/Lavington area

alevins
10-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Hi all,

heading thru this area with my daughter and was hoping to find a couple of options for her to get her first WT, any info or tips is greatly appreciated

thanks

BCKyle
10-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Inexperienced hunter speaking here, and I have yet to connect with a whitetail myself so I definitely can't give you much. From everything I have been told though your best odds are on the south side of the valley. There aren't as many WT up out of the valley floor to the north side.

It's not much but it's a start... best of luck to you and your daughter! I need help myself since I am not seeing anything but mulie does these days.

Dannybuoy
10-21-2013, 04:12 PM
If by the south side you mean Creighton valley towards bonneau lake , clier lake or up Harris creek then you are correct . Also up on the Aberdeen plateau via bluenose rd in Lavington . The other side of the valley there are whities too more so if you go up trinity valley rd and turn up a fsr , either towards silver star or the other side up butters rd Cheers

boxhitch
10-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Used to be real good in on Crescent Lake road , about 10 k. up Aberdeen main. Blocks have grown up more , so better for the deer , not so good for the hunter.
Couple of new blocks in on Curtis Lk road should be real good. 28 k.? maybe

BCKyle
10-22-2013, 12:46 PM
If by the south side you mean Creighton valley towards bonneau lake , clier lake or up Harris creek then you are correct . Also up on the Aberdeen plateau via bluenose rd in Lavington . The other side of the valley there are whities too more so if you go up trinity valley rd and turn up a fsr , either towards silver star or the other side up butters rd Cheers

I'm having 'They've All Disappeared' syndrome... saw whitetail every time I scouted three of the places you mention here, BEFORE the season... but now I swear they've all been sucked up into an alien spacecraft. I'm sure they'll all be back December 1st. I got some work done and have a little break here mid-week so I am heading out this afternoon; will camp and hunt the morning too. Hoping to connect with a doe: good meat and give the mulies a helping hand maybe at the same time.

A quick Note for Alevins, if you're from out of town and head up from the trinity valley rd or noble canyon (not so many whitetail there that I have seen though I did see a doe before season opened up there): Check the no shooting area around silver star; I don't know the exact borders but I'm pretty sure in scouting some of the roads back there go right into it. I just try and leave a margin of error.

Liptugger
10-23-2013, 04:50 PM
Dannybuoy has it right. First trip to the area and inside a couple of hours had my whitetail.

BCKyle
10-23-2013, 09:55 PM
crazy... I'm jealous. I hit up Bonneau area yesterday afternoon til dark, camped and got first light til 10:00 in... saw no deer and only a couple patches of a bit of sign. Couple other people I stopped and talked to hadn't seen anything either. Must not be looking right/hard enough.

PointMan
10-23-2013, 10:03 PM
There's a great spot up on Bonneau, IF you don't mind a pretty good hike. If you're ok with that, shoot me a private message and I'll give you directions.

Huntfarm2
10-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Aberdeen plateu is our family farms range if anyone see's any wolves please shoot ! N let me know! Also any suspicious people around the cows.. Lost 8 calves and 2 cows last year too wolves !

ncurrie
10-24-2013, 06:50 AM
Go to cherryville go on south fork rd you will see lots of whitetails!

RiverOtter
10-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Ahh shit, there goes the neighbourhood........:-D

Look for woofs while you're there, and shoot any/all you can.

HarryToolips
10-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Ya good luck all to that one they all hang out on the farms, and not just any farms but the hippy don't shoot anythin farms so good luck no one will let ya shoot anythin I even brought a 26 oz around to coax anyone to let me blast one but noo...had a couple nice bucks sparrin right 30 yard from me it's like danglin a bag of money right in front of er face but can't grab it what a tease..