PDA

View Full Version : Psayten River FSR

Sylus
10-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Hello All

I spent yesterday hunting the upper psayten river fsr by eastgate and came up with one grouse between me and my brother. I had read on this forum that the road had a great rabbit population but i managed too not see one all of yesterday. We road hunted our way back and then hunted on foot in the burn for a number of hours working the few remaining green thickets in that area and the scrub brush adjacent too the river. I was wondering if any of you guys could shed some light on the cause of our failure... or maybe it was just one of those days?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Cheers, Sylus

Jagermeister
10-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Your making too much noise.

Weatherby Fan
10-20-2013, 10:26 AM
Wolves got all the rabbits......hunt wolves !
PM Sent

Blainer
10-20-2013, 10:29 AM
grouse population low this year, very wet in Sept.
rabbits in small pockets for a couple km along the river, about 3-4 km before bridge and before you start climbing .

Sorry, don't recall km mark

Sylus
10-20-2013, 10:38 AM
rabbits in small pockets for a couple km along the river, about 3-4 km before bridge and before you start climbing .

Thanks for the help, we spent the majority of our time past the bridge a few km. How does the wet weather influence the grouse population?

kelmore
10-20-2013, 10:44 AM
I saw two yesterday didnt get a shot at either of them

Weatherby Fan
10-20-2013, 10:55 AM

This would be the same area I see the rabbits in there.

Big Lew
10-20-2013, 11:00 AM
" How does the wet weather influence the grouse population?"

Poor survival rates for the chicks.

Blainer
10-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the help, we spent the majority of our time past the bridge a few km. How does the wet weather influence the grouse population?Also has huge bearing on where they nest and where you might want to hunt them.
Warm/Dry weather in early fall will generally help with your chances of truck hunting and finding them close or on fsr.

Sylus
10-20-2013, 11:27 AM
Interesting stuff! i did not know that, thanks for all the help.