PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops nov 9

rides bike to work
10-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Hi all ill be heading to stay at a friends house nov long weekend in kamloops he is yet not a hunter but loves the out doors and is great company on a hunt.As well a total gun nut. This year I am hoping to target mainly white tails I got my rattling antlers and my grunt tube now I just need a starting point near kamloops I've been around Jameson and a few others on the west side but have only seen mulies up there. If any one could point me in an area to sit and call and rattle that would be awsome. Honey holes are appreciated.i have done this trip with this freind two years now and have lots of good deer encounters but no success yet hopefully this will be the year and will push my friend to get his license as I think he is sitting on the edge. Thanks for any tips and tricks you can spare.

Jelvis
10-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Exit 336 off the Coq5 400 metres from the hwy and go.
Turn off to Logan Lake is let's say ok for whites
Not a lot of whitetail around Kamloops anyways compared to mules.
Cood try between Helmer Lake turnoff Exit 315 and Exit 336.

steveo32
10-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Or just hunt Harper mountain or hyas lake tons of whiteys up there I see more there then anywhere else around kamloops.

SR80
10-19-2013, 06:50 AM
occonor and lower jameson hold whities

rides bike to work
10-19-2013, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the tips guys ill definatly check out these areas I look forward to this trip every year all the country around kamloops is beauty and my friends there are top knotch. Hopefully I can put down a tasty white to top it all off . Thanks again.

Jelvis
10-19-2013, 09:28 AM
Cold Creek past the Kammy rez by Strawberry Hill has some decent whites.
The big fire in 2003 made it supremo della reeemo.
It's just above the Seven O Ranch and is beauty country to see.
Possible to see whites and mules and big bucks, good luck Chuck
Jelly Banna Nelli you'll go wild when you see this place or I'm Jake the Snake Roberts
You'll find your thrill on Strawberry Hill