PDA

View Full Version : Chronograph in Victoria ?

westcoastal
10-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Perhaps a long shot here, but does anyone in or around Victoria have a chronograph that I could use (under their watchful eye of course). I want too finish setting up my crossbow, need to set the speed on my scope.
Only needed for a few shots, just to get an idea how fast my Matrix is shooting.

Thanks in advance
Russ

IronNoggin
10-16-2013, 08:20 PM
HiYa Russ,

I don't have a chronograph myself, but DO have the same bow methinks. Matrix 380.

So, this is what I did to dial the scope in:
Shoot at 20 yards and get it hitting right on that first chevron.
Back to 40 yards. Shoot at the target with the same 20 yard chevron you just dialed in.
The group that forms will be low, but aim the 20 yard chevron at the same point you shot at 40 yards.
Now dial the scope until that 40 yard group is centered on the lower 40 yard chevron.

Fine tuning comes at 60 yards. Use the 60 yard chevron and shoot a group. If they are HIGH, at that range, INCREASE the speed dial until they drop into place. If they are low, reduce the speed dial to bring them in line.

This will be even more accurate than running the speed dial with the numbers generated by a chronograph I have been informed. The speed dial is only an approximation, and not an extremely accurate representation of the arrow's actual speed.
By tuning that dial to your specific bow, regardless of what that speed dial reads, you will be Bang On at all ranges between 20 and 60 yards.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
Nog