PDA

View Full Version : Overnight trips from LML. Placer? Pasayten? Other?

domyalex
10-16-2013, 10:14 AM
Hello folks,

newbie hunter here still looking to his first quarry.

I am considering an overnight trip to the Pasayten-Placer; the idea is to leave in the afternoon from the LML and scout either the Pasayten or Placer FSR. Would be sleeping in the vehicle and coming back the next day.

Not looking for honey holes, but are these good areas for BT/WT/bears? Anything to watch out for? (ie: any private/restricted properties). Any suggestion at all is pretty much welcome :)

Thx

markt308
10-16-2013, 10:46 AM
You live in Maple ridge. If you're gonna hunt close to home why not get to know some areas in your own backyard? There are plenty of deer right where you are. Start exploring. Buy a trail cam. This type of thing. Then u can spend more time hunting and less Time driving! Just an idea.
I'm not famiar with the other spots you're talking about.
One thing to consider: there are deer all over this province. Explore until you see some deer or some decent sign and go for it!

avadad
10-16-2013, 07:30 PM
You won't find blacktails in those area's you mentioned. Those will be Mule deer. Like Mark mentioned above lots of deer closer to your home.

domyalex
10-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks folks.

What would the closer to home locations be? Chilliwack valley? Harrison Lake?

sarg
10-16-2013, 09:37 PM
Chilliwack valley is ok, well I have no luck there but my buddy does good there every year :) Harrison is ok to, more logging on the west side the east side is still a little thick, Skagit valley is ok to as long as the snow has pushed them down to the valley bottom

bigbuckbuster
10-16-2013, 09:54 PM
go where you feel confident. regardless of the region you choose, park the truck and go for a walk. Take your time and hike over the ridges where other hunters wont be. take out the binos and stay still. you motioned areas that hold lots of deer.

domyalex
10-17-2013, 09:49 AM
Thanks everybody for the suggestions, really appreciate it; I guess I'll try around west Harrison then and save a bit of gas :)