PDA

View Full Version : Help in the Creston area?

JCWaterfowler
10-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Spent the last few days at dodge creek and topaz creek and unbelievably haven't even seen a doe ! The last few times here had success at these places , didn't even see poop ! Can anybody give me a possible hand in a location I should try for some success? I'm not trophy hunting just trying to have some good stew all winter. Thanks and much appreciated :)

rogerb
10-15-2013, 09:31 PM
we stay as low as possible in the valley for whities, just above private land. lots of white-tails feed down on the ag land at night then move up into the forest at dawn. treestand above a good network of trails should do the trick if you're patient. the open doe season has made the whities a lot harder to hunt than in previous years but they're still there, just more nocturnal & a lot more alert when out in the open. much better chance for a good buck in Nov of course.

sawmill
10-16-2013, 06:35 AM
Drive over to Lumberton,lots of good places around there.

Elkaholic
10-16-2013, 07:25 AM
Carol Creek is a good bet as well. Right now it seems the deer are in the Oct lockdown stage. A week ago deer everywhere I went, this week not so much. And this is walking not driving. Every OCt there is a time they seem to lock down then it livens back up.