PDA

View Full Version : Too many fisherman

Kudu
10-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Was out on my favourite river around dawn with an old friend who has just started water-fowling, we saw a load of lessers as well as some good flocks of honkers going over high.

dead, stinky fish floating down the river, hundreds of seagulls all squawking and groaning as they do, and every bank covered by fly fisherman with their buddies all boating out in the middle.

Non the less, I got a brace of green heads and he got a blue wing teal - my season has begun.

Ferenc
10-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Should of seen what I saw saw on the chilliwack river road..a friggin tour bus with you guessed what bailing out with fishing gear ...FRIGGIN NUTS !!!

Ranger95
10-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Happy to hear you got something even without me there :) No goldeneyes, butterballs or teals though?

BuckNaked
10-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Should of seen what I saw saw on the chilliwack river road..a friggin tour bus with you guessed what bailing out with fishing gear ...FRIGGIN NUTS !!!

FFS, a bus!!!! I'm out that way atl least every 3 days and ive seen the cars piled up but never a tour bus. Its no wonder why i dont fish anywhere near town now, the Vedder and Chilliwack river is covered with snaggers and unlicenced poachers, i also reported 3 people poaching out of the river between the lake and Slesee crk. The one couple were def experienced by their gear, i was shocked that they had not or chose not to observe the YEAR ROUND CLOSURE of this part of the system! Was glad to call their plate in!

Kudu
10-14-2013, 01:52 PM

I believe it - I was out on the Vedder with junior son yesterday, first time in my life that I've seen two geriatric farts elbow a fly rod wielding, 16 year old kid out of "their fishing hole" so that they could floss a chum or two for themselves.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b535/privateaffair/9b08519fb3c97f2c6af06a36686cbb1d_zpsf29cdedc.jpg

mattchu_19
10-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Any pics of the blue wing teal?

Kudu
10-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Any pics of the blue wing teal?

No camera today but this is what it looked like...

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b535/privateaffair/cdf3cacbb104ad12f87c2668355e3bba_zps60f29d1e.jpg

russm
10-14-2013, 06:01 PM

I saw that bus at the train bridge in yarrow, a bus load of snaggers and cooking up gnarly old pinks on the beach, not uite my idea of a shore lunch. I totally think a CORE type course for fishing would cut down on A LOT of the undesirables on the rivers.

adriaticum
10-14-2013, 07:55 PM
OMG, it was absolutely freakin' nuts today.
Like alien invasion. Cars everywhere.
Coho were in ample supply but were not biting.
I managed 2 hatch in the morning and then the hordes started showing up and everything stopped.
Fisheries officer came by and asked me if I was foul hooking fish and asked me to show him where the fish took the lure.That was funny.
I left to scout an FSR for some deer and came back 2 hours later. Still million people out and coho as many. Very few takers. I had one wild in the afternoon and that was it.
Judging by the traffic on highways today nobody was eating turkey for dinner.

Ian F.
10-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Quite rare in the lower mainland, if you have the wings spread them out and take a pic front and back. A good chance it's a cinny. I'll look it up in carney for you and let you know...

Ian