Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Idiots On The Pitman River

Idiots On The Pitman River

We just got back from our hunt and all was well except for the situation that happened on Wed 29 Sept at 645 pm

Our crew doesn't road hunt the river like some do, but to each their own.

We left out camp and went down river I got dropped off and my buddy and his dad went down lower and hunted some meadows off the river

At 645 I hear 2-3 gun shots go off and then the boat stops, takes off again and another couple shots, powers down then back up again then hear some hooting and hollaring then boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, the boat comes around the corner and 4 guys in the boat shooting a pump action shot gun into the air and in the meadows while tossing beer cans out the boat...

I am in the meadow and they shoot off my way, they go down river and still shooting away come around the corner where my hunting partners are and stop shooting till around the next corner and off they go again shooting....my guess would be at least 25 + rounds in a 4km run

Idiots, ******s, morons are few of the word going thru my mind

Its a small world out there maybe some of you know them

we talked to them a few days prior, but didn't get names

The boat is a bright orange with black specle paint 18-20 footish, bare aluminum at front of boat, black light bar with large lights up top, made by Skeena Valley fabricating. They were still camped on the Stikine on the rightside going up, just below the Pitman River as of thursday with 15 other guys, 6 other boats. Apprently his dad owns the Helicopter company out of Bob Quinn.....
    Last edited by striperjack; 10-04-2010 at 05:46 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Idiots On The Pitman River

******s is a word that quickly comes to my mind that would be frustrating sorry to hear they ruined your hunt in the meadow.

Sounds worthy of a CO reporting. Did you??

Celebrating some sort of moose jihad?

They probably didn't have tags, either, which would make it illegal for them to be in possession of firearms there during hunting season.

Another reason why I carry a satelite phone. I'd report wankers like that in a heartbeat!

Cheers!

A-S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzKTOUkroU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpQE9N0OCnA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ882QYzr-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozBVguR5lrA&feature=fvst

Quote Originally Posted by anglo-saxon View Post
    They probably didn't have tags, either, which would make it illegal for them to be in possession of firearms there during hunting season.

Another reason why I carry a satelite phone. I'd report wankers like that in a heartbeat!
    Not that I disagree with you that these guys are Wankers ....

but if they didnt have tags ... why would it be illegal to have firearms....

it doesnt make any sense to me ....
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    Not that I disagree with you that these guys are Wankers ....

but if they didnt have tags ... why would it be illegal to have firearms....

it doesnt make any sense to me ....
    X2, they could of been after wolves or yotes.

Sounds like a spoiled brat with money. Dad owns a Heli company.
    Is it not illegal to fire a gun from a boat under power??

Sounds like a--holes we would all do well to stay clear of.

I think I would be tracking them down for proper ID and pictures and my first stop on dry land would be the Police.
    Period.
    No tolerance for this type of stupidity .

Without checking a map, I believe the Pitman is in the Spatsizi Provinvial Park, you have to go as far as the Chuckachida to get out of the park. All big game in that park is LEH..therefore no tags no lawful hunting.

Howver, ducks and geese are probably open but firing from a boat without disengaging the motor is illegal. This can and should be considered poached.

a$$hats are found all over province, sorry to hear your hunt was jeopardized.
    Last edited by derek p; 10-20-2010 at 09:14 PM.

Re: Idiots On The Pitmen River

That is sad ..spent lots of money to get there and than EFF over to the hunters..I wish that they've never ran into the big Rock on the bottom of the river.
    BTW how much water on Pitman this year?.Did you get any Caribou?.We got few Moosesss.of the last two trips.