Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GOABC - Sugarcoating

GOABC Add in Today's Paper

Not sure how many people saw it or in how many papers it was in but, the GOABC has a 1/4 page add in todays Kamloops paper. The jist of the add is that they are all for wildlife populations etc and LEH is an important management tool and we the hunters of BC should stick with them.

I will try and scan the add and place it here.

BHB

2. Site Sponsor

Re: GOABC Add in Today's Paper

Me thinks someone at the GOABC read the LEH review and is getting worried. Love to see them squirm. This report must have SOME influence otherwise the GO's wouldn't even bother.
    "The Rocky Mountains are the marrow of the world"

It is in the Prince George paper. (really buttering it up)

I think the add has more to do with the "Resident Hunter Preservation Fund" ....

Fight fire with fire and all of a sudden they're on the defensive.

The offensive postering and suppression by the GOABC against resident hunters, resident recruitment and resident opportunity needs to stop.
    Last edited by BCrams; 11-06-2009 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bighornbob View Post
    Not sure how many people saw it or in how many papers it was in but, the GOABC has a 1/4 page add in todays Kamloops paper. The jist of the add is that they are all for wildlife populations etc and LEH is an important management tool and we the hunters of BC should stick with them.

I will try and scan the add and place it here.

BHB

Yep. There back spending some of that $700,000-800,000 that the bring in every yr.
    The GOABC lobbiest dude has been phoning up taxis(people that rely on trophy animals) and telling them that the FED guys are going to ruin hunting and populations for everyone.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Devilbear Guest

Time for the GOABC to go "bye bye" and BC citizens to control our own wildlife for our needs.

I know right! Those *******S! How dare they try to properly manage the wildlife of British Columbia so that they can book quality hunts to feed their families! Why can't they just book calf moose hunts!
    SONS O' BITCHES!

Just saw a BCWF 1/4 page ad as well in a local paper. Nice to see it countered the GOABC timing.
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

Devilbear Guest

The statutory responsibility and right to manage B.C.'s various resources is vested in The Crown of British Columbia and advocacy groups, such as the GOABC have no rights or duties in respect of this.

...quality hunts...like spotting sheep, goats and elk from aircraft and then radioing the GPS coordinates to the "guide" who is not even a BCer, who then leads some fatazz foreigner to kill or wound this "trophy"....quality????

Some now are daughters..................

GOABC - Sugarcoating

This was taken from the GOABC "quality hunting" website.

Resident hunters need to really think twice and be careful before buying into the 'quality hunting' mantra. It has severe repercussions for resident hunters and opportunities to hunt.

Here is an excerpt from their website (in quotes):

Residents for Quality Hunting

Because of simple supply and demand characteristics of wildlife populations and hunter numbers, some species must be managed through antler restrictions or Limited Entry Hunting (LEH) to control the harvest.
    What you don't know. GOABC sees the LEH hunts and antler / point restrictions as a means to "limit" resident hunters and resident opportunity.

Quality hunting = less residents hunting to conflict with guided non-resident hunters.
    • Why are they pushing for LEH sheep hunts right now???
    • Why are they pushing to remove spike / fork moose seasons right now???
    • Why are they pushing for more restrictive seasons which impact resident hunters right now???
    Remember, none of this impacts non-resident hunters!!!

Just you, we, us resident hunters !!!

Many hunters enjoy the LEH hunts because of the increased chances of harvesting an animal and the reduced competition from other hunters.
    Lets clarify this one and put it in laymans terms.......
    • Reduced competition for their non-resident guided clients!!
    Hunters that are successful in LEH draws typically see more game and harvest larger mature animals.
    The majority of hunters are meat hunters first then meat / selective. Residents typically do not want to harvest larger mature animals. They just want to hunt and have opportunity.

Antler and/or horn restrictions have a similar effect.

GOABC want more restrictions put on resident hunters. This puts more emphasis on trophy animals available for non-resident clients and fewer residents hunters in the woods.

This contributes to the quality of the hunting experience.
    This contributes greatly to non-resident 'quality' for trophy hunting.

It has nothing to do with quality hunting for resident hunters. There are fewer resident hunters out and about hunting under this mantra.

It is important for hunter recruitment that new hunters are exposed to quality outdoor experiences.
    What a lie. They are opposed to resident recruitment and opportunity.

This is highlighted in their report to the Ministry.

GOABC are doing everything they can to SUPPRESS resident opportunity.

They are trying to sell it under the disguise of 'quality hunting'. Reality is that it will hurt us resident hunters.

The hunting experience allows people to spend time with friends and family as well as providing the opportunity to harvest an animal.
    Can't do that with restrictive point restrictions and LEH.

Try telling your son/daughter they cannot shoot the 2 point buck or 4 point bull elk or spike bull moose or calf moose to fill the freezer.

Imagine all the years I (and others) would not have been able to go hunting locally to get a calf moose or 2 point bull moose without these opportunities.

I would have had a grand total of 3 bull moose in 20 years relying only on the LEH in 7a. Is that quality??

I can't tell you how many enjoyable moose hunts and days I have been able to spend afield with my father and friends looking for calf moose and 2 pt moose.

This year was a highlight taking a new hunter out for the first time on a successful foray for calf moose. Imagine telling my nephew we can't go afield for moose until getting a LEH draw ..... of which I have only been drawn 3x for bulls in 7a in 20 years.

Take it away and you take away that quality experience with friends / family and hunting opportunity.

Some hunters hunt just for the meat while others are more selective.
    Come on ...... the majority of guided clients are trophy hunters and want to come up here and see the woods void of resident hunters.

The majority of resident hunters fall under meat hunting first.

Managing for a quality experience is biologically sound and appreciated by many outdoor enthusiasts. Antler restrictions and LEH are methods used to provide quality experiences.
    For whom???? Wait.....we already know.... for your non-resident hunter.

Proof is in the pudding......pushing for antler restrictions and LEH ... you know you're limiting resident hunters.

Its time the resident hunters and non-hunting public of British Columbia really understand the true objectives of the GOABC. That is to limit / suppress resident hunters as much as possible for the gain of non-resident american hunters.

That was one biased survey if I ever saw one on the website.
    Last edited by BCrams; 11-06-2009 at 10:38 AM.

Devilbear Guest

Re: GOABC - Sugarcoating

Well, not to repeat myself, BUT, if "non-resident alien" hunting here were banned, then, this problem would disappear..............