Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Toyota Tundra & Tacoma - real world feedback

Re: Toyota Tundra & Tacoma - real world feedback

We sold our Land Crusier and bought a ‘20 TRD OR Premium Taco in Feb of last year. It’s a great truck. I do have a 3500 Cummins as well for the camper. If I only had one truck, I think it would probably have to be a bit bigger than the Taco, but I tow a lot. The Tacoma is really a fantastic truck though. I love it as a runabout and for exploring.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Thanks Squamch ! I will need to get a mechanic to do it as I’m hitting the busy season right now , and with my skill set mechanically , I would need the truck down for a few days at least LOL !I will let the mechanic know .
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    Your valve cover gaskets are easy...but if you follow the recommendations, they'll still leak.

Clean put the trough in the cover with brake clean, dry it completely, and lay a teeeeeny bead of rtv in there. Pop the gasket in. Teeeeeeny bead of rtv on the gasket surface. On the half moons, not just on the corners like all the books say, but all the way around. Give it a little more torque than the book says too.
    They will not leak again, I promise.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Someone told me I could probably get $4000.00 private sale for my current Toyota I doubt that but will have a look on Craigslist. 1990 Pickup Xtra cab 5 speed 300,000 K with canopy as mentioned before The truck has a few issues .
    It also has a leak that results in the driver side and passenger sides being damp . It’s not a heater issue that’s been repaired . Someone said it may be coming in from behind the front tires . I’m thinking a few guys here would say just get rid of it .
    Arctic Lake

That was a interesting read RJ. A couple of questions though

#1 Would the coil springs be better than leaf ?
    #2 Would that be a solid axe or like an independent suspension ?
    #3 Would the V6 be a good engine , some are saying the V8 was good in prior Tundras ?

Arctic Lake. Man of many questions !
    Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Last edited by Arctic Lake; 04-01-2021 at 08:54 AM.

check your door gasket for leaks..maybe tighten up the latch so it squeezes the gasket tighter...GL I hate leaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Someone told me I could probably get $4000.00 private sale for my current Toyota I doubt that but will have a look on Craigslist. 1990 Pickup Xtra cab 5 speed 300,000 K with canopy as mentioned before The truck has a few issues .
    It also has a leak that results in the driver side and passenger sides being damp . It’s not a heater issue that’s been repaired . Someone said it may be coming in from behind the front tires . I’m thinking a few guys here would say just get rid of it .
    Arctic Lake

It sure is a lot of cash for a new ride, WOW !
    Arctic Lake

Thanks Wideopen . I need to lift back the carpet on both sides and check where it’s coming in maybe the stuff they use to seal the body parts together ,windshield etc...... . Sorry to the Op but this is turning into a Toyota Thread For Sure
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    check your door gasket for leaks..maybe tighten up the latch so it squeezes the gasket tighter...GL I hate leaks

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Arctic Lake
    Toyota tax is a thing these days. Realistically a truck like that with a 3.0 slow isn't worth more than $2k but people are paying more for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by walker1985 View Post
    Is there a big difference in the Tundra crew cab compared to the double cab? Is it worth losing the box space?
    The tiny box on the crew is useless. My brother has a crew cab and he wishes he got the DC with the 6.5' box or better yet my DC with the 8'. Although the wheelbase in my truck is garbage.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Had a 2018 tundra hated that god damn gas gushing pile of crap . Back to my good old gmc 3500 happy happy