Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Crown Land Given To Now Be FN Land

Re: Crown Land Given To Now Be FN Land

Mein Kampf, along with Das Kapital, essentially defines identity politics. Very readable and educational, and I see its premises and paradigms practiced in modern collective identity movements.

Marx and Hitler were wrong about many things, but were also very perceptive in ways that modern westerners are ignorant.

I wouldn't consider myself a communist or fascist, but those ideologies appeal to many people for normal reasons, and I hope we might understand it before it's too late to effectively resist.

Edit: The Chinese Communist Party is essentially a Nazi Party that believes in Han supremacy. Islam amounts to Arabic supremacy.

"Historical Rights" are tenuous, as anyone familiar with medieval history will know.
    Last edited by Surrey Boy; 03-26-2021 at 11:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Ceeded/ unceeded land question is stupid.
    What does it mean ceeded unceeded?

This issue exists only in Canada it seems.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

In fact this whole bill c-21 thing makes me think it's a prelude to what might be happening with this ceeded unceeded bullshit.
    1. Human over population

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    In fact this whole bill c-21 thing makes me think it's a prelude to what might be happening with this ceeded unceeded bullshit.
    Dozens of Gerald Stanley incidents to follow?
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    Dozens of Gerald Stanley incidents to follow?
    No, just one 1861 incident.
    Last edited by adriaticum; 03-26-2021 at 11:59 AM.
    1. Human over population

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    I am not necessarily convinced.
    First nations and hunters/outdoorsmen are natural allies. I have always believed this.
    Our interests are very much the same.
    We have to figure out how to work together.
    If we do, we will all benefit.
    If we don't, there could be trouble.
    I am genuinely curious about this. How are our interests the same?
    I don't see the interests being aligned at all.

One historical aspect that very few people acknowledge or talk about is that indigenous groups pretty much across the landscape were nomadic. Not many people really sit down and think about that, or why that might be.
    Predominantly it was a food source issue though. It was a lot of work to pick up and peoples entire life. Historically, EVERYTHING in a given area would be eaten. Once there was nothing left to eat, it was time to move to the next area. And once EVERYTHING there was eaten, it was time to move again.
    That is why you see a more developed culture on coastal indigenous groups than you do with interior groups. More food resources and easier winters on the coast. They had an easier lifestyle and more time available.
    That is a fundamental difference in beliefs between indigenous groups in the interior and outdoorsmen. Eat everything there is available, vs grow a segment of the resource locally.

Not to be rude but I think you had better wake up. That is already happening and has been for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Well I wonder if we need to give serious thought to where we apply for an LEH Moose Draw or for any LEH Draw
    Imagine you get a draw and have not had one in years ,then you get it , Sorry FN’s won’t let you hunt it .
    Aggahhhh ! Man we as hunters of all species had better get it together ! It’s coming at us from all sides Firearm restrictions, The Antis, FN , oh brother ! What do we do ? I’m all ears !
    Arctic Lake
    Not to be rude but I think you had better wake up. That is already happening and has been for awhile.

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

We don't have to guess how it will work out..how'd it work out in the Chilko Taseko lake area..anybody been out there hunting in the last few years?

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...inst-nightmare

"With the 2018-2019 hunting season underway, the Xeni Gwet’in would like to remind all visitors that hunting is not permitted within the Declared Title Lands, nor will access be permitted through the Title Lands for hunting purposes."

https://www.tsilhqotin.ca/declared-title-area/

Until a Tourism Business Operator pledges his full and public support to the BC Resident hunting Community and the BC Guide Outfitting Industry, I wont have any Sympathy for such Operators. Unfortunately, many of those so called "non consumptive" Tourist Business where and still are against hunting and Guide-Outfitting.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    I am genuinely curious about this. How are our interests the same?
    I don't see the interests being aligned at all.

One historical aspect that very few people acknowledge or talk about is that indigenous groups pretty much across the landscape were nomadic. Not many people really sit down and think about that, or why that might be.
    Predominantly it was a food source issue though. It was a lot of work to pick up and peoples entire life. Historically, EVERYTHING in a given area would be eaten. Once there was nothing left to eat, it was time to move to the next area. And once EVERYTHING there was eaten, it was time to move again.
    That is why you see a more developed culture on coastal indigenous groups than you do with interior groups. More food resources and easier winters on the coast. They had an easier lifestyle and more time available.
    That is a fundamental difference in beliefs between indigenous groups in the interior and outdoorsmen. Eat everything there is available, vs grow a segment of the resource locally.

I was going to write a new thread explaining this, but might as well do it here.

Outdoorsmen and First Nations align in several key areas.

1. We love outdoors, we love to hunt, we love to fish, we want to preserve as much of natural environment as possible so we have healthy populations of fish and wildlife.
    We do not like urbanization, we do not like what the uncontrolled resource development has done to this province, we don't see any benefits from many resource developments done by foreign companies with foreign workers.
    I don't think First Nations are looking for land to be nomadic.
    There are no more nomadic people's other than in some very nomadic places like. Siberia, some parts of Amazon.
    I think we can all pretty much say that population densities across most of the world demand that we produce most of our own food.
    I think First Nations understand that well.
    We should not be thinking about the Indians and their culture that Columbus first encountered.
    North American aboriginal people have evolved as well. We live in a connected world and learn from many different sources.

2. We are all tired of government bullshit from all levels of government. Governments are not our friend, they are not a friend of the First Nations either. They are not a friend of the environment.
    Current economic system we have is not working and we are getting scalped for nothing.
    The idea that First Nations govern themselves is not necessarily a bad idea. Not necessarily good either. Remains to be seen.
    But, who wouldn't want to government themselves in this country?
    Is Maverick party not exact idea that we govern ourselves in the west?
    That we are through with federal bullshit? Is it not?
    I am sure First Nations will have much simpler governments. First Nations culture is much more egalitarian than western european.
    Unless one thinks that everything is right with the politics in Canada, I am sure you are seeking simpler, fairer, government and an economic system where 1 percent do not own the 90 percent.
    Most of us are pretty much serfs today.
    Who is to say that FN would not come up with a system to govern their land and people that is better?

All of our major problems around the world come down to 2 issues:
    1. Human Over population
    2. Government overreach into our lives.
    Almost every major socio economic problem you can name today, is caused by one these issues.
    Including wildlife decline and overfishing.
    Politicians just keep sweeping the truth under the rug.
    They just care about votes and money right now because they know there is no afterlife.
    All governments are doing is working to take our money and keep us off our property.

I was watching recently some shows in Africa.
    They call it "Poaching" and "Habitat destruction".
    Is it poaching when you kill an animal to feed your family because it's the only source of food you have?
    Is it habitat destruction when people deforest an area to grow crops and raise cattle?
    No, it's called survival. And there is no other way for them to do it.
    So the reason we are losing species around the world is not climate change, it's human over population.
    1. Human over population