Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Quad Tires

Re: New Quad Tires

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    1600k? You driving on pavement, doing burn outs in the parking lot?
    nope, Drive it like an old lady. Never been ridden on pavement and don't think its ever been over 60km/hr. Probably only been in 4x4 1/2 dozen times for short periods other than just shifting it in and out before a drive to test and lubricate everything.

95% logging roads/skidder trail with a bit of mucky stuff and broken rock. Factory Maxis tires it came had next to no tread left. I should have changed them last year but only used the quad for 1 weekend of bear hunting and never got around to it.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 03-24-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Just chatted with Tim..good luck on bear..
    Must be harder on tires on island..lots of rocks
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Must be harder on tires on island..lots of rocks
    I just think the stock tires were soft, garbage tires and if I rode more or harder probably would have been changing them way sooner. There was 3/16" of tread remaining " on the center tread" of the rear and 1/4" on the fronts of my old rubber. Was ok putting down a skidder trail or logging road but any incline with loose gravel, any mud, any bare rock they were useless and had been like this for a couple years.

From everything I've heard/read and the amount and style of riding I do, these new radial Traxion tires should be the ticket!

Last edited by Ron.C; 03-24-2021 at 08:11 PM.

I've run these for 3 maybe 4 years now and they are awesome. Haven't had a flat yet and tread is barely worn down. Good choice!

I put a set Big Horns on. Last fall they surprised me at how well they handled the mud. I went down a few trails I shouldn't have. On gravel as expected, they are great. That same year I bought new truck tires, I forget which were more expensive. It was close.

If yours do as well, you will be pretty happy.

I have those same knock offs. but they aren't Traxxion , I think they are G Force or something? But I've had them 8 or 10 years and they haven't given me any grief.

I ran a few sets of the Bighorns on the UTV, and frankly, too many torn, flat tires. They sucked. I did not enjoy the tread pattern either, and those Traxions are too close to the same pattern.

I went to the EFX Moto MTC tires last summer. Way better of a tire, bit more aggressive, yet ride nice on the hard pack trails.
    https://revco.ca/efx-motomtc-tire/

​Kenda 'Bear Claw EVO' . . . .

I'm gonna try these ITP Mud Litr XTR tires on my Polaris 570 there 27 " tall with 1.13 thread depth ! Any one have them ? RJ

https://revco.ca/itp-mud-lite-xtr-tire/

I put maxis Bighorn on my quad 10 years ago , they still look almost new .