Page 183 of 197 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1961

Thread: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Re: Some Big Whities For Ya...

Nice bucks!

Can you guys post what kind of grunt tube you use? And have you tried it on mule/blacktail?

Mine is a smaller Knight and Hale EZ Grunter KHD1000. Buddy has one that's a foot long and shakes your lungs when he rips it. Use according to wind and situation. Only WT for me but last year was my first year trying one. They work. My buddy that's a longtime Mulie hunter walks with the grunt tube during the rut and hits it as he walks.
    Last edited by lovemywinchester; 11-20-2021 at 09:13 PM.

Nice! I think we forget how effective they can be. I know I do. Definitely an under utilized tool.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Nice bucks!

Can you guys post what kind of grunt tube you use? And have you tried it on mule/blacktail?
    I use a Woods Wise #140 Bullseye Buck and like it the best out of all my grunt tubes. Very versatile call and yes it works just as well on mule deer.

One fall in november 2010 near Chetwynd I was sitting on my quad and just calling with the grunt tube when a 3X4 mulie came running out and almost ran right into me sitting on my bike! Never shot him as I was looking for a bigger one, but yeah, they do work!

I'v had a lot of success grunting for Mule/BT bucks and doe's, say, while still hunting you spook a buck or doe that hasn't scented you but maybe just seen a movement or heard a noise and they bound away, from experience a lot of the time they don't go very far. What I do is just kneel beside a tree and start hitting the grunt tube ( a old Knife & Hale, at least 25 years old). I can't count the number times that I'v seen the deer that I spooked. And of course it works on WT's.

My 2021 whitetail taken at -20 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterFSJ View Post
    My 2021 whitetail taken at -20 degrees.

Nice buck man!
    Congratulations!

Some really nice bucks! Good work! Hoping to try for whitetails one year...this was going to be the year but the slides wiped out that opportunity

A quick comment .......

A somewhat newer to hunting friend of mine got his WT buck last week. We shared many a drive up checking cams etc. A sharp guy and invested heavily resulting in a nice buck. I closed yesterday.

While I loaded my buck into the death sled for the 2 k drag out in the dark step by step I reflected on past experiences as I often do.

I thought of HBC member and dear friend Coach who passed far to young. He killed numerous bucks with me.
    I hope he was looking down on me as I struggled draggin this deer out and he smiled as I cursed.

November 20 to the 27th is beyond prime time for WT.
    Bucks generally operate on vampire hours until this window.

Wishing everyone success.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea