Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tires For My Cherokee

Re: Tires For My Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by italhunter View Post
    Anyone with Yokohama's, Michelin's, Bridgestone's, or any other brand want to put in your 2 cents?
    I had the bridgestong dueller revo at's on my Wrangler and they were good for normal use and moderate offroad. If you are looking at a tire for offroad purposes, then no AT is good for that. An all terrain is just that fair to good in all categories but not great in any. However they are the type of tire that suits 90% of peoples needs.
    I have 33" duratrac's on mine now, good tire all around. I would by them again, they are the closest thing to good in all categories that i have come accross. Maybe look at the toyo M-55 as well, i might try these next time i need tires, have only heard good things about them.

Quote Originally Posted by italhunter View Post
    What vehicle do you have the BFG AT's on?
    Currently on a 2006 Jeep TJ (32-11.50r15) - last ones were in a Suzuki Samarai ( 30-9.50r15 ) ! Excellent wear - NO flats and Very reasonable traction for a AT tire !
    RJ

I used to run nothing but the BFG AT's. Nice tire and no complaints. Switched over to the Duratracs last year though and I must say if you intend to use it offroad this is a very effective tire. Will be grabbing a new set when these run out. 40,000 km under my 3/4 tonne diesel and they are still at over 50% which is a bit better than what I got out of the BFG's

I got a set of almost new toyo winter tires on Cherokee wheels if your interested, in the Kootenay's. Think they are 225's. I just put 33" duratracs on my Cherokee
    -Lightweight gunaholic
    -Half of a Human Pinata
    -Bear Kung-Fu Master
    -Gatherer of the Elk meat

duratracs all the way
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Toyo's on my 1999 Cherokee goes anywhere, well almost.

Best tires I ever had were the cooper discoverer st. Had them on my xterra and they were awesome on and off road in all conditions. Snowflake and studdable.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtail View Post
    Best tires I ever had were the cooper discoverer st. Had them on my xterra and they were awesome on and off road in all conditions. Snowflake and studdable.
    X2. Had a set on an Isuzu Rodeo. Worked incredibly well in the sloppy snow we get on the island and not a whole lot of road noise. Will be putting them on my 3/4 ton probably next year.

was a bfg user for many years switched to duratrac not looking back!!!

Kal Tire has a new tire out- Muteki Trail Hog. It's an off road tire that has the snowflake (like the Dura Trac) and can be used all year. And it's a little cheaper too.