Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member

Hello everyone!

I've finally decided to join the forum after looking at it from time to time in the past.
    I moved to Canada 5 years ago from Croatia (company asked me to come) and we (wife and 2 kids) really like it here. It is a beautiful country and even more beautiful province, and we are happy that we finally received permanent resident status.
    We lived in Ontario for 3 years and we moved to BC about year and 8 months ago, and we just love it.
    I love hunting since I was a kid and since I moved to Canada this love has turned into addiction.
    Most of the time off work I spend looking online at hunting gear, reading about hunting or watching hunting videos. Obviously I haven't had a chance to go hunting much as I got my Ontario hunting license in 2014 and PAL in 2015, and I've been hunting only few times so far. For me everything is new, most of the game here doesn't exist in Croatia or is very rare. Last year I went for the first time hunting in BC, I was lucky that co-worker's husband is an avid hunter so he took me with him and his buddy and I loved every minute of it. After those trips I realized how shallow is my hunting knowledge so I bought How to hunt app, and I've watched every video in that app at least twice. It was worth every single dollar. Joining HBC is next step in my hunting education.
    Other than hunting I love fishing (especially spearfishing) and homebrewing, although I haven't brewed much lately, lack of space at home.
    I probably won't be writing much as I don't have much to tell about hunting but if I can help on some other topics I'll contribute.
    That would be it I guess, at the end only thing left to say is I'm glad I'm here! Cheers!
    Last edited by Luka77; 06-23-2018 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typo

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New mmeber

Welcome!

Great to have you here on HBC. Don't be afraid to weigh in and join the convos for want of knowledge, that's no problem around here!

Lots'O'Luck afield Sir

Welcome to HBC.
    Your command of the English language is excellent.

I also left Ontario in 1965 (when a teen) never looking back.
    When I lived in Kitchener had an older friend (I.B.) that also came from Croatia. He loved hunting & hunting discussions. IB had a black belt in KARATE & was a mercenary in Africa.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Welcome to HBC, lots of very helpful and knowledgeable people on this site, looking forward to seeing your hunting pictures !

Have you been to the Croatian Cultural Centre ? If you need a hand with anything don't hesitate to ask, I even know some Croatian !

Cheers
    WF
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    Welcome to HBC.
    Your command of the English language is excellent.

I also left Ontario in 1965 (when a teen) never looking back.
    When I lived in Kitchener had an older friend (I.B.) that also came from Croatia. He loved hunting & hunting discussions. IB had a black belt in KARATE & was a mercenary in Africa.
    I'm trying my best with English, I did learn it through elementary school and high school as well as university so that helped. Typing dyslexia is still an issue, as can be seen from thread title.
    Yes, I can't say we miss Ontario, three winters we spent there were the worst in the last 30 years, and summers are brutal hot and humid. There is a lot of Croatians in Toronto area, biggest Croatian community in Canada, I have a cousin who lives in Kitchener, and she has been there for a long time, think she moved to Canada around same time you moved to BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Welcome to HBC, lots of very helpful and knowledgeable people on this site, looking forward to seeing your hunting pictures !

Have you been to the Croatian Cultural Centre ? If you need a hand with anything don't hesitate to ask, I even know some Croatian !

Cheers
    WF
    I've been to Croatian centre only twice. It is a bit out of hand as I live in Burnaby, and I don't have many Croatian friends here and those that I have live in Surrey and Langley so they rarely go as well. I hope I'll have something else to post than scenery and wolf tracks photos from last trip.

Thank you for warm welcome.

Glad to see you post Luka77, look forward to any questions you have, appears you're fitting in quite well from your grammer! I have a few Croation buddies, they love their beer!!!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Re: New member

Welcome aboard! Enjoy the site.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Welcome aboard! Great site. Sometimes you need a bit of a thick skin (really wonder how that sounds to someone that speaks english as a second language) but the knowledge and fraternity here are second to none.

Hope to see you in the woods this fall!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Welcome to the fraternity!
    Tight groups Safe hunts

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Glad to see you post Luka77, look forward to any questions you have, appears you're fitting in quite well from your grammer! I have a few Croation buddies, they love their beer!!!
    Let's not forget Šljivovica and Rakia.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein