Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ram Down, Special Hunter, Inspiration. Appreciation.

Re: Ram Down, Special Hunter, Inspiration. Appreciation.

I have been following this epic hunt pretty closely and am waiting for her story .I have had the pleasure of meeting this young lady and she is a force to be reckoned with .You gents who helped her need a special thanks ! Heart warming story and all the ups and downs of an epic sheep hunt .Sure no quit in that girl .

Ourea, your a straight shooter. Good man.

Thanks Ourea for taking the task on, you did an awesome job. Gals and Guys, this man went an incredible distance and time. Far more than I would have expected.
    Dave, I just want to say to you, "You're the man Dude!"
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Thanks Ourea....

Reminds me, yet again, why this site, and being on it, is so important.

Awesome thread, and thanks again.

M

Too many folks bash HBC at times and don’t post on here for some valid reasons. When I look at the glass half full side of things many folks have learned, met, shared, helped. It’s up to every person on here to always try and think of the hunting community, support it, have our bickering but always think of the higher cause which is this sport and lifestyle we collectively love.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

^^^^amen, and look forward to the rest of the thread...good on ya Dave...

Looking forward to following along on this one that is forsure........

Here we go, getting this Forum back on track
    Make Your Own Luck

Awesome story!
    I'm having my own fight with cancer and looks like I'm winning.
    For next year I am planning a goat hunt with a new friend.
    Can't wait!
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

My next outing with this incredible person found us accessing from a different location and looking at new ground. One of my inside traders hinted that this area will hold few but well hidden rams that go into hiding once the pressure comes.

Pause....
    Some of the permit holders brought as many as 6 spotters/scouters to assist them which put rams into hiding. This is certainly not a complaint on my behalf as I hope everyone had success but made rams tougher to find. We grinded it out on our initial push thru this area. Sign was skinny at best but invested a very long day poking the cracks.

Despite no sightings we hit it again the next day as we did find a little fresh track and a few very well protected/hidden beds. My plan was to grid this area out and snoop every hidie hole in there....nodda. Halfway thru the day I had no confidence making any more effort there....uphill we went. Our gal was becoming more committed with her focus and perseverance. I don’t wish to speak for her but her initial white complexion and meek appearance was looking better and better, healthier, more stamina, more and more drive.

I’ve been around the block and then some, have had the privilege of calling some amazing people I’ve met thru business and pro sports as friends. Pay checks and notoriety do not make a person, Ive learned that it’s all about character and people that have a dialed compass and value system, an honest and open heart.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea