View Poll Results: Is it legal to have a loaded firearm inside your tent while camping on crown land?

Voters
237. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

193 81.43%
  • No

44 18.57%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it legal???

Re: Is it legal???

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    IMO A tent is not a residence, so the same rules apply as in the outdoors.
    Practice safe handling skills, muzzle control

On that line, being drunk in a tent would be the same as drunk in a public place ? Not a safe haven ?

Yes a TENT is your residence! It is leagel to drink in your tent, Not outside your tent.

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    From the rcmp-grc,

UNLOADED non-restricted firearms can be kept unlocked:
    temporarily if needed to control animal predators in an area where firearms can lawfully be fired ( amunition must be kept separate or locked up); or
    in a remote wildernesss area (ammunition may be kept readily accessible).
    That is storage.

If you are present it is not storage and it's under your supervision and it can be loaded and sitting in your tent.

[QUOTE]As far as i can tell it can not be in the gun! Like Gatehouse say if you are lawfully hunting./QUOTE]

You dont' have to be hunting to have a loaded firearm in your possession. You just ned to be somewhere that it is legal to discharge a firearm.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Especially in known bear country, I would be sleeping with my finger Crazy Glued to the safety.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to'The Canadian Government ' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

[quote=Gatehouse;616285]That is storage.

If you are present it is not storage and it's under your supervision and it can be loaded and sitting in your tent.

As far as i can tell it can not be in the gun! Like Gatehouse say if you are lawfully hunting./QUOTE]

You dont' have to be hunting to have a loaded firearm in your possession. You just ned to be somewhere that it is legal to discharge a firearm.
    Yes..but when you sleep you are not attending, so it must be unloaded?

maybe the guys at work are thinking Park (crown land)?
    Honey Holes! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that is all

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

I will continue to sleep in my tent in bear country with a loaded 12ga shot gun, or 300 win mag!! Any predator who is interested in snackin on me will get an unpleasent surprise!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

if is not legal ill take the fine
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PGK View Post
    How about

3) I don't care, I'm doing it anyway?

I'm fairly sure its illegal when you consider regulations considering safe firearm storage. But like I say, I'd rather pay the fine than not be able to shoot my way out of the bear burrito situation...
    Works for me!
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

If you are dead, you can't pay the fine!
    I've not had a bear situation, but have had a cougar try to launch off a cutbank onto my horse and me....even with my saddle gun loaded but on safety, it took what seemed forever to get it out of the scabbard and the safety off....if I had to load it as well, triple the time. second incident, a large doberman attacked my horse, trying to grab it by the throat. I kept spinning the horse around while trying to get the same rifle out of the scabbard and reload it. I was only able to get one shell into the breach within a minute. By this time my horse had received several nasty scratches on it's neck. The owner finally called the dog off when he saw me take aim. To this day I wish I had left that gun loaded because I sure would have had the time to shoot that menace....I keep thinking if it had been a youngster riding along, what would have happened.
    Illegal or not, your personal safety comes first, in my opinion, as I first stated...If you're dead, you can't pay the fine!

after the brambles incident, i'd probably have 3 in the mag...but i feel pretty safe in my camper!
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.