Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Tahltan block moose hunters

Re: Tahltan block moose hunters

hmmmmm that map does not appear to have anywhere for the 2.5 million plus ..97% that are not Indians..whens the bus ride to Alberta??

pissed

srupp

I am surprised this thread has not been LOCKED by now.

We are all passionate about hunting and the outdoors so I guess the "mods' are letting us vent for now.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

For conversation's sake let's ask ourselves what might happen if someone drove around the blockade and kept going. You get chased down? So you keep going. You get to your hunting spot and get into a heated shouting match when the local natives pull up. Best be with a group of hunting buddies. You are not on reservation land. By law you have a right to be there, hunting. Maybe after lots of heated arguing said natives leave and promise to be back. Do you and your buddies move to another area immediately? If you stay would you risk coming back from a morning hunt to 4 slashed tires and a tore up camp? Maybe set up some trial cams to record all the action and press charges? Maybe you and your buddies wear head mount go-pros during any confrontation to record everything. I am sure this situation would not end well. Armed hunters with tempers flaring? A recipe for trouble. Someone may fire a round. Say a hunter caught a person slashing their tires upon returning to camp. Could be big trouble. A hunter may need a really good lawyer and financial support from other hunters to fight a court case.

Is it worth it? Is this what we have to do to get this sh*t storm addressed? I am not sure. Do we need to lobby the local and provincial Govt's to force them to deal with this mess? Deep down I don't think anybody wants to be the guy in court because he did something in the heat of battle.
    Last edited by Kami; 08-21-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    For conversation's sake let's ask ourselves what might happen if someone drove around the blockade and kept going. You get chased down? So you keep going. You get to your hunting spot and get into a heated shouting match when the local natives pull up. Best be with a group of hunting buddies. You are not on reservation land. By law you have a right to be there, hunting. Maybe after lots of heated arguing said natives leave and promise to be back. Do you and your buddies move to another area immediately? If you stay would you risk coming back from a morning hunt to 4 slashed tires and a tore up camp? Maybe set up some trial cams to record all the action and press charges? Maybe you and your buddies wear head mount go-pros during any confrontation to record everything. I am sure this situation would not end well. Armed hunters with tempers flaring? A recipe for trouble. Someone may fire a round. Say a hunter caught a person slashing their tires upon returning to camp. Could be big trouble. A hunter may need a really good lawyer and financial support from other hunters to fight a court case.

Is it worth it? Is this what we have to do to get this sh*t storm addressed? I am not sure. Do we need to lobby the local and provincial Govt's to force them to deal with this mess? Deep down I don't think anybody wants to be the guy in court because he did something in the heat of battle.
    When i was little we went up to dease lake my dad wanted to try a new area. We got chased outta their within an hour by the local native band. Packed up went to our usual spot at the parking area for the jade mine road. Dad decide we should go fishing at the pond in the first 1 km of the road. Bagged a moose 10 minutes in. Went home the next day. Thanks local band!
    Team Toyota
    Hoyt rampage xt
    husky 30-06

All I have to say, is we live In a province run by spineless beaurcrats. They are the problem. If they had some balls, there would be non of this B.S! I'm glad I went through that town as long as I have. I would be tempted to run them all over!

this shit is going to go south quick, ive been involved and watching this shit for many years,THE NON FN LEGAL HUNTER LOOKING TO FEED HIS FAMILY books his moose hunting trip 11 months in advance because of WORK and then hits a fn blockade on his way to his moose hunting area??i aint leaving with out some repurcussions

McPhee, Annita. President, Tahltan Central Council
    Annita McPhee, Coscuya, has dedicated most of her life to creating a prosperous future for the Tahltan Nation through balancing opportunities and benefits in Tahltan Territory and protecting sacred spaces. Ms. McPhee has taken cutting edge approaches to aboriginal engagement and the resource sector and broken down barriers of communication.

Currently in her third term as the President of the Tahltan Central Council (TCC), Ms. McPhee has led the Tahltan Nation through some of the most challenging events in the nation’s history. Under her leadership, the Tahltan Nation has secured over $2 billion in agreements for the Northwest Transmission Line and AltaGas. Shell Oil’s has also relinquished its tenures in the Klappan.

Both the Tahltan Nation and Ms. McPhee have been recognized for their work, including a 2013 Tides Canada award for work on the agreement with Shell Oil, and a Premier’s Award with the Province of BC for the Tahltan Social Cultural Working Group’s innovative approach. Ms. McPhee has also received the Women of the North Leadership and Business Conference’s Aboriginal Woman of Distinction award. In 2012, she became the first Aboriginal woman to join the board of the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada and is currently a director of the Legal Services Society and a member of the Vancouver Board of Trade’s Aboriginal Affairs Committee.

Wow, 2 Billion!!!!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

wow 2 billion? should be enough to pay the blockaders fore a little while

McPhee, now there's a good old FN name! K

I think I have this figured out.
    Chief Terri Brown has failed to file the Tahltan disclosures in accordance with the with the FNFTA. Since the 120 day limit has lapsed, their funding will be cut. To make up for short falls, they will try to holdup the BC Public at large as they use public thoroughfares in north-western BC.
    Shame on you Chief Terri Brown.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"