Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Yalakom road blockade?

Re: Yalakom road blockade?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfy42 View Post
    Wideopenthrottle- you have no idea how hard it was to hold back. It was not easy.
    And I agree river otter, I wasn't worried about that at all and am still not... Side note - it was 8 am and they reeked of booze. I'm actually looking forward to going up there again after knowing more about what's going on from researching. These people were so clueless to anything and everything.
    kudo's for looking at it as a humourous situation...now that you added that detail, I think I may have just laughed it off too...I probably would have shown them a grocery receipt or something when they asked to see my license......funny thing is when I first wrote my reply to you, I was thing of that stereotype...two drunken "blueberry blonde ladies" but then defaulted to two well groomed "keepers of the land"... more funny than annoying to me now

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfy42 View Post
    Wideopenthrottle- you have no idea how hard it was to hold back. It was not easy.
    And I agree river otter, I wasn't worried about that at all and am still not... Side note - it was 8 am and they reeked of booze. I'm actually looking forward to going up there again after knowing more about what's going on from researching. These people were so clueless to anything and everything.
    I sure hope it was their booze and not booze they absconded from your camp, or else you be guilty of BAITING my friend.........

The more i look into all this i understand where they are coming from and going too . As the 25000 new Canadians ?????

I went through last November. An older native woman accompanied by a couple younger tree planter lookin white dudes stopped me. She asked what I was up to and I told her huntin. I then asked her what she was up to and she told me she lived there and wanted to know who was on her land. I told her I planned to hunt "crown land", not her land. She asked to see my license and tags. I told her I had it and only a proper authority was allowed to view that. She was nice to me and tried to offer some hunting advise. I could see one of the white dudes writing my plate down. When I drove out the next day no one was there.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverOtter View Post
    I sure hope it was their booze and not booze they absconded from your camp, or else you be guilty of BAITING my friend.........
    Funny story of two friends of mine drinking with some of the locals around slave lake while fishing. To make a long story short the natives out drank my two buddies and when they passed out they took what was left of their booze, boat motor and chain saw. Still makes me laugh when they were telling me their story.

Sorry for for the derail.

Nice part about living in N. bc, natives don't have enough gas to get back where I go to block roads.

What we're up against is that about 75% of city people will back the Natives in any such situation.
    Every journalist you talk to will be on the Native's side.
    The vast majority of politicians will side with them.
    Worst of all is almost every case that goes before the supreme court ends in their favour.

The whole Native thing is probably the biggest problem facing Canada, and most people don't know it!

Quote Originally Posted by squamishhunter View Post
    Nice part about living in N. bc, natives don't have enough gas to get back where I go to block roads.
    Moral of the story being tax free gas only goes so far.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

I went through this Check Stop on Sunday at the 50km mark. They had the road narrowed down to single lane traffic. A structure on the road and rocks. Needless to say, we weren't let through until we showed our hunting licenses. I can't say more, but I have gone to the RCMP and possible criminal charges are now pending. We shouldn't have to be going through something like this and be accosted. Its Crown land that everyone one of us has a right to enjoy. That includes First Nations, Caucasians, chinese etc etc. The signage is quite clear Yalakom Forest Service Rd British Columbia.
    Last edited by honeyman76; 09-14-2016 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by honeyman76 View Post
    I went through this Check Stop on Sunday at the 50km mark. They had the road narrowed down to single lane traffic. A structure on the road and rocks. Needless to say, we weren't let through until we showed our hunting licenses. I can't say more, but I have gone to the RCMP and criminal charges are now pending. We shouldn't have to be going through something like this and be accosted. Its Crown land that everyone one of us has a right to enjoy. That includes First Nations, Caucasians, chinese etc etc. The signage is quite clear Yalakom Forest Service Rd British Columbia.
    good for you!!
    maybe you should paas along the detachment you called into and the officer you left the report with.
    that way, when other's go in, and have the same problem, they can also contact the same people.
    wouldn't hurt to have a "go pro" running and recording also.