Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Dogs shot near Kamloops

Re: Dogs shot near Kamloops

I can't believe that so many people are blaming the dog owners and yes I know they need to be responsible as well.

I understand that the dogs were running free but come on folks give your head a freaking shake. As hunters we all should know what the f%^k we are shooting at. No excuses.
    For this guy to shoot these dogs and let them suffer is an insult to every hunter that does the right thing in the bush and then we wonder why so many people are against hunting.
    Our responsibility as hunters and outdoors people is quite large and I know most follow the rules but it's idiots like this guy that bring this sport down.

Don't wolves have bushy tails? Think alot of people are too keen to drop wolves but have never seen them in the wild.
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Hmmm years ago my twin brother and I were boating down Quesnel Lake. .when Gerry reaches for his rifle and SAYS WOLVES. .8 or 9 wolves appeared on the shore instantly I yelled DONT SHOOT...they are dogs..it was Bettis part wolf dogs..the orange flagged tape on their collars saved their life's. .
    These dogs don't look remotely like wolves..

I now need 2 high visability collars one for my 75 pound black lab..so not confused with a wolf...
    The other for my 54 year old wife. .so she is not confused as a cougar when out walking our wolf look alike..lol
    Srupp

in port alberni i meet a lady with a 'dog' what was 75% wolf..so if ya shoot that 'dog' in a bush..are ya shooting a dog ,,or a wolf??who is gonna get the blame?owner or shooter?or 'dog'

Lol. Nice one Srupp. I've got an elkhound so there is no way I'll have her running around without some orange on her
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

I'm guessing the bones had been placed with the intent of drawing in the two dogs which the shooter had previously threatened to shoot. There is undoubtedly more to the story than we're seeing/hearing. But, the shooter is obviously lying and he got off with a slap on the ass for a sh!tbrain move that makes the rest of us hunters look like a bunch of savages.

Thanks for helping our cause, Rick, you moron. Hopefully you keep up the dickbrain antics and someday soon get your license revoked so our community of hunters will be just slightly less tainted by your kind. Until then, keep up the great species ID, buddy!

Letting your dog run loose in the woods is a no no there could be snares and leg hold traps in the area there might be wolves etc as well what a shame regarding the dog..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Letting your dog run loose in the woods is a no no there could be snares and leg hold traps in the area there might be wolves etc as well what a shame regarding the dog..
    Exactely....too many people who move to rural areas feel it's their god give right to let their dogs run free. A free roaming dog, particularly in the company on another dog, will usually get up to no good......chasing livestock, chasing wildlife, eating garbage etc.
    Last edited by labguy; 12-03-2016 at 06:55 AM.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

they dont look wolf to me. think he got a fair deal in court for the mistake. it is his responsability to know his target for sure.
    also feel landowner should be fined or something if the dogs were loose and not supose to be

This kind of shooting is dangerous to hunters...If you can't be 100% sure of what you are shooting then you don't take the shot. Simple. If he shoots dogs that are obviously not wolves then what kind of judgement is he exercising when out for deer, moose etc with other hunters potentially in the area?